PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eightywon

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 4, 2014
Grey Goose, Spicy Clamato, Lea & Perrins, A-1, Sriracha, celery salt, black pepper, bleu cheese stuffed olives and cocktail onions

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
Grey Goose, Spicy Clamato, Lea & Perrins, A-1, Sriracha, celery salt, black pepper, bleu cheese stuffed olives and cocktail onions

Add the juice of a couple key limes and that sounds like a winner!

necron99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2014
Russian Standard, zingzang, Worcestershire, pepper, salt, August in Austin - Tears of the Sun. Olives, celery, Kosher dill pickle spear.

larrylegend

Lurker
Jan 3, 2014
I use zing zang for mix and like to drink titos vodka with it. I don't normally make my own mix but do like some with horseradish.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Clamato is good if you really like clam juice in your bloody mary (I do).
I would stick with either V8 and spice it yourself with Frank's or your hot sauce of choice.
The downside to Spicy V8 is you can only add more spice, if you want, you can't take some spice out.
I always drink my Spicy V8 straight (without booze), it is that good!

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
V-8 makes a bloody mary mix. I just saw it at the market the other day, but did not pick it up. Tabasco used to have a mix with x-tra horseradish that was the bomb but also for cooking! Always used it for pouring over cabage rolls and meatloaf...

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Back in 1971 I used to be a bartender for a short time at at a place called 'Top of the Rock' in the Prudential building in Chicago which was somewhat of an iconic spot. Hated the place, but they had, and were known for their Bloody Mary's which sold like crazy. Each morning I had to mix up two one gallon jugs of the stuff but after all this time I've forgotten the ingredients. I do however remember that it included both lime and lemon juice, amongst other variable spices with a sprig of celery to finish it up. Other than that, I'm not one for mixed drinks any longer.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I like take a lemon wedge around the rim of the glass and then dip into a shallow plate of celery salt. I then add vodka, Sacramento tomato juice, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, Gorgonzola stuffed olives, 2 shrimp, a crispy slice of bacon, and then squeeze the remaining lemon juice from the wedge. Stir and enjoy

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
The Condor Bloody Mary Mix!
I make mine as follows but everyone has their own approach to Bloody Mary's and providing they show up at breakfast time then we are all good:
Fill a tall glass with 1/3rd Moskovskayer Voda
Add to to that a generous helping of Port
Add black pepper
Add a generous amount of Louisiana Habano Hot Sauce
Stir mixture whilst adding the tomato juice
Add ice and appropriate garnish as part of your 'five a day' as recommended by the FDA

Status
Not open for further replies.