PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
The sign at the beginning of the street I live on used to say dead end.In these days of political correctness it says no outlet.Today the neighbors got together set up some tables got out the grills and we had a big dinner in the street.There was plenty of food and several things to drink.Since I'm under doctors orders to avoid alcohol I opted for diet sprite.I took one of my popular key lime pies.My wife baked a coconut cake neither of these were diet.There were several cigarette smokers there.One fellow had a cigar.I was the lone pipe smoker.A good time was had by all and I ate more than I should have..I hope we do this again some time.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
You should definitely do it again. I think its important to know ones neighbors. It builds a community, and trust.

So many people live their lives these days and don't even know who their neighbors are, sad....

Glad you had a good time! Thats what its all about

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
We used to have them every year in our neighborhood. Our first year here, it started in our backyard but with 200 guests - we moved it to the cul-de-sac and just called it a block party. Our neighborhood has since tripled in size and the block party kind of petered out, I miss it. The after party was always the highlight. One cool June night, we ordered pizza and fueled by alcohol, decided a fire was needed. This was the days before fire pits, so I decided our concrete bird bath would work fine. We needed a quick start, so some gasoline was used as the starter (yep, not recommended). Fortunately no harm done. Well, the next day, in the aftermath, I went to move the bird bath back to our garden and it crumbled into pieces. Lessons learned........

Status
Not open for further replies.