PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mahew

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2017
Kentucky Hills and Hollers
There are things in my life that I count as blessings. First among them is my family. I walked into my house after smoking a bowl and my kids where inquiring why I was grinning from ear to ear. I was at a loss on how to explain it.
I don’t smoke in my house, so on nasty days I kick up the heat in my garage and hide away for a bit. In my garage is my 1950 Ford F1 and my woodworking shop. Both of which are a constant project. Long story short, as I smoked a bowl and contemplated the world I live in, I built a pipe holder out of some brass rod that I had lying around, After a few moments of that and some mediocre aromatic tobacco, I reflected over the things I have in my life. It really amounted to the simple things. I have a family I adore, a wife that is patient with me, a project that I enjoy, a career that keeps me interested, a rye (or bourbon) that tickles my tongue, and a pipe that smokes well. Truthfully, I can’t think of a blessing that I don’t already have.
If you are as blessed as I am, or more, please share. I would love to hear from kindred spirits.
-M.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I don’t smoke in my house

I guess I'm blessed that I do, both of them in moderation. My loving wife, children and soon to be grandchild accept my pipes and cigars where ever I am. 8O

1950 Ford F1, sweet. You will have to share some pictures sometime. Welcome to the forum. Those old stepsides always catch my eye. I have a 77 Chevy, but it's just for beater jobs.
I can smoke inside, but it was a long grooming process with my wife. But, i can see where as hanging out with your truck could be heaven. Especially if you could just whip up a stool or crank out a pipe stand with your tools.

alan73

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2017
Wisconsin
I have a 4 and 6 year old. When I was recently starring off into space smiling , my oldest boy asked me the same type of question . I told him the truth I liked my new pipe , thought it was cool , and the tobacco I was smoking tasted real good. He understood, he helps me pick pipes to buy.
Later, when I was insisting on his going to bed promptly, he threatened to throw away my pipes . punk. Life is good . I feel blessed. Job family health , check. . I love the beginning of every year. It’s a fresh start, new beginnings , all that shit . Plus I always travel somewhere warm because it’s cold where I live.

cwarmouth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2017
Welcome to the forum. You sound like a guy I would like to smoke a bowl with.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Acknowledging blessings is glass half-full thinking but with the added element of cherishing that which expands one's life. So more or less deep, life-affirming and good.

brightleaf

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2017
The water to my house froze up last weekend. It finally thawed out yesterday, good thing as it is already back to below freezing temperatures. I have my laundry completed so at least my clothes will be clean later this week, even if I am not.

mahew

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2017
The old step side is indeed an eye catcher. Which can be a little interesting at times. Not being what I would consider a “car guy” I didn’t realize the effect an old truck would have on people. If I had known, I may have had second thoughts about getting it. It is my daily driver, and I had to get used to the attention it draws.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Mahew: Welcome,Do you think Cadillac 79 Brougham is drawing attention, it's my summer season daily driver in the,even though,I gotta thinking I may be better off get rid off it later, unimaginable huge gas guzzler he is.

mahew

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2017
I am sure that the Caddy turns some heads! Even though it is one of those newfangled modernistic automobiles, lol.
I am leaning toward a late 20’s Model A roadster pickup for my summertime ride. I needed something a little more practical for the Michigan winters, hence the F1. I don’t worry about the gas too much, I only go through about 5-7 gallons a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.