PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
This thread will probably read like a shopping list for the tobaccapolypse, but I am curious what blends people will be most disappointed to lose if this whole FDA thing goes down. Cheers!

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
I am really liking Seattle Pipe Club Pike Place. Love P&W blends and Peretti and not sure those will continue as I don't believe they are manufacturers. Gaslight and Quiet Nights. The list is long, too long to fully flesh-out here.

gsmunoz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2016
G L Pease Lamentations List:
Chelsea Morning

Embarcadero

Gaslight

JackKnife Plug

Key Largo

Lagonda

Maltese Falcon

Meridian

Navigator

Quiet Nights

Sextant

Sixpence

Triple Play

Union Square
SPC:

Plum Pudding

Mississippi River
Every post 2007 tobacco I have yet to try...

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
I am stocking the shit out of Chelsea Morning. I also just ordered some Picadilly since it sounds like it might be a close match.
Also ODF, Mcc Aniversary are well stocked. I just pm'd Sasquatch about a great looking "Prince-pot" on his web site. I really like it but I am tapped out. He said everyone is broke due to stocking up on tobacco, even him.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
**heavy, pained sigh** There are so many, but two that leap to mind are John Cotton's 1&2 and C&D Tuskegee Airman.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
McClelland Red & Black

C&D Bijou

McCranies anything

GL Pease SexPence and Triple Play

McClelland Christmas Cheer after the recent issues are gone.

Dec 28, 2015
At this moment I would say Bengal Slices because I only have one tin jarred currently and just revisited it for an evening bowl and had forgotten how good it was. Dang I just ordered $175 worth of tobacco last night and now it looks like I may have to order some more soon.

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
I suspect that imports, regardless of the date of original & continuous manufacture, will need to comply with the new FDA rules. I don't know if the pre-February 2007 grandfathering would also apply to them. Perhaps a few like MacBaren, as suggested above, may decide to pay-to-play. I think that many would say, "To hell with the Yanks & their FDA!"

Losing all or most of the imported tobaccos would be tragic, especially since most of my favorite tobaccos are imported. It would be almost as bad as losing all single malt's

Status
Not open for further replies.