PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
As I start to buy nicer pipes I get more concerned over certain blends ghosting them as I do not have dedicated pipes for blends.
I was wondering what the most notorious ghosting blends are?

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Some of the Lakeland tobaccos are extremely bad to ghost a pipe as are most heavily flavored aros.

daveleitz

Lurker
Jun 21, 2010
Peterson's Irish Flake left a ghost in my pipe. Nothing that a pouch of Prince Albert couldn't take care of though.

onizuka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2010
Altadis Frosty Mint will ghost it's mintiness for about 5 or so bowls.

hfdpipe

Might Stick Around
Oct 28, 2010
CT
duncan how you like devil's delight, does it have flavor, I was thinking of picking some up this month.

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
:) That's a darned good question William,....I was wondering that myself.
For fear of ruining a brand-new pipe I've been so anal as to dedicate three of the last five to only English blends...and in the case of two others...to a specific tobacco; one being dedicated to a well known Virginia/perique and the other to a different popular Vaper.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Dan Tobacco Blue Note will ghost. Its a great smoke but needs its own pipe. Any Camenetto blend will ghost something fierce.

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
Besides the ones already mentioned, I can name a host of tobaccos that will ghost a pipe enough that it will be almost impossible to get it out. Middletron's Cherry Blend is the first one that comes to mind. SG and G&H black ropes are two more. Any latakia blend will do a fine job of ghosting a pipe too.

Actually, when you get right down to it, any tobacco will ghost a pipe to some extent.

jimbo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2010
I keep an old Big Ben I've had for years as my "Erinmore" pipe. Besides Erinmore, I also smoke 1792 in it (it's tonquin flavoring can ghost).
I like 4noggins' Mojo (w/deer tongue) but I keep it restricted to my aromatic-dedicated pipes because of the vanilla flavor of the deer tongue can stay behind.
Of course, all Englishes can ghost, so I keep one group of pipes for latakia and another for non-latakia Va, VaPer, etc.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
I suppose now with 16 pipes it is time to dedicate pipes to atleast blend types. It will be a hard decision. Keep up the list though and at the end I can create a full list and post it back up.

strongirish

Can't Leave
Aug 20, 2010
Lake Conroe, TX
Condor is a real ghoster but oh so good. Heavy Vanilla Blend will ghost a pipe.
Deveils Holiday does have a lot of flavor and it's really not a bad blend if you like aromatics.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
I really like Melange. Right now I is all I smoke in my meerschaum. I hope it doesn't ghost it too bad but I don't keep a cake on it.

onizuka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2010
1Q will ghost but it's a very faint and what I consider a neutral smoke.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
As far as I know, 1Q doesn't ghost passed a second bowl...
Meaning a bowl of 1Q, then a bowl of something else with a small ghost, and then no ghost on second bowl!

Status
Not open for further replies.