PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I love old Petersons, but never played nice with P-Lip stems. I found them too round, too narrow, and (usually) too long.
The thing I love most about Old School high-end Danish pipes is their fit, finish, and ergonomic comfort. Their stems tend to be flat, wide, and short.
Since I own and smoke the former but only work on the latter (too expensive), I thought it would be fun to make a Danish-style stem for one of my old Petes.
As soon as I smoked it, my first thought was, "Why didn't I think of this before?" It worked great.
2zi4FvP.jpg

fg8XkiY.jpg

WItnpJt.jpg

EqMjtN8.jpg

May 31, 2012
A great idea very well executed.
Beautiful mouthpiece it is.

:clap:
This gives me hope because I'm trying to build a small collection of the old UK blasts and I've been avoiding a Kapruf because it seems every one has a Plip --- now I know how to solve that problem!

dulgunz

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2015
Dam! Nice work! That made the pipe look 100 times better. Do you make and sell stems? Or was this just a self project to improve your own pipe?

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Do you make and sell stems? Or was this just a self project to improve your own pipe?
I do repair, restore, and enhance pipes for a living, but rarely work on or try to improve my own stuff for some reason (sounds weird, I know.) This was one of the exceptions.

jessicac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
I'm in the minority here as I find the p-lips comfortable and more natural, the fish is always too big to just hang out of my mouth.
Having said that, I love your work, beautifully done.

drennan

Can't Leave
Mar 30, 2014
Normandy
This gives me hope because I'm trying to build a small collection of the old UK blasts and I've been avoiding a Kapruf because it seems every one has a Plip --- now I know how to solve that problem!
I've got a Kapruf 80s that has a fishtail so there must be some out there.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have one P-Lip that I enjoy, but one is all I need. I like the uniqueness, but only now and then. All my other Petes are fishtail. This is a handsome retrofit, very much in keeping with the Peterson style; it doesn't change the design of the pipe at all, and it is an excellently crafted stem. Success.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I have an Aran B10 with a P-Lip that never gets smoked because I find it uncomfortable. I have often though about having it sent away for a new stem. You might have just given me the necessary encouragement to pull the trigger.
Phenomenal work by the way.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
How the hell did I miss this one??

Fantastic work. I've recently acquired a few P-lip Pete's and grown to like them, but I wonder what they would smoke like with a fishtale stem. That button end sure looks inviting (and perfect). Hmmm...

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Nice job, Georged. I have a number of P-lips. I picked them up in Scotland, at the time I bought off on the concept they would be great for tongue bite. They are difficult to clinch because the ones I own at least tend to be much rounder than fishtail stems. I use them for armchair smokes like I do a churchwarden.
Great to know you can do such a nice conversion on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.