PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A little C&D cigar leaf, or similar condiment, goes a long way to add variety to good old blends.

raevans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2013
I'll throw in some cigar leaf with SWR. Makes it interesting...

pipehunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2016
Five Brothers is good to strengthen another blend with something of a "neutral" taste.

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
What pipe hunter said, I use it to strengthen some blends and sometimes on top to help some blends that I have a hard time getting lit, kinda as a kinddeling

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I've used a bland French pouch tobacco in the bottom quarter of a bowl to help with a moisture problem with Luxury Twist Flake. Can't seem to dry it enough sometimes.
jay-roger.jpg

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Now and again, I will mix in a tad of Uhle's Crushed White Burley with an aro. I layer the tobaccos in a larger pipe and smoke my little brains away. This is just a great blending tobacco, and even straight up. I love it either way. But your mmv.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
I bought some Perique and Turkish to mess around with Carter Hall. But, I found that its just fine by itself!

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
Any other OTC than Carter Hall good for toning down harsher blends? Can't find Carter Hall around, always out of stock.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Plenty of OTCs are on par with some so-called "exotics" and vice versa. I do find cigar leaf can put some body into an airy blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.