PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
I thought I'd try my hand at making my own blend so I ordered a bunch of 4 oz bags. I got most of the tobaccos in all my favorite blends. I'm sure others have tried it as well. What has been your experience?

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
The difference between a "Blend" and a "Mixture" is that a Mixture is the combination of "finished blends". If you are blending individual tobacco's that are not finished blends and are not satisfied, it is probably because "blending-tobaccos" have no aromatic added to them yet. On the other hand, you may truly enjoy your experiment without any aromatic added. Let us know how it goes.
I was not satisfied with my initial results many years ago. But, after I hooked up with the late Craig Tarler I learned a lot. Also, he had the highly concentrated and very expensive aromatic sauces. Some are $100 for a half gallon! Virtually, all tobacco has "some" aromatic element to make the tobacco more palatable. It is a matter of "aromatic degree" that distinquishes Aromatics from Non-Aromatics. Good luck to you in your endeavor.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I tried and ended up with this: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/miskatonic-university-blend-reviews It will be available on Friday 12/21/12!

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
I am a Lat fan. I have a little C&D blending Latakia on hand to "perk up" certain English blends. For example, I bought a tin of SG Squadron Leader and found it a little bland. I added a pinch of Latakia... NICE!

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
I'm prepared to do the same thing with SL as well. It is a little too light for me as well. So I too will add some lat to see how I can perk itg up some.

Status
Not open for further replies.