PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
I just picked up, for the first time in years, my old Savinelli Estella 803 EX Canadian, filled up its huge bowl with some Button Bay from 4noggins, and relived the past. Man, what a sweet smoke! I had forgotten what a really great pipe and excellent tobacco can do.
Only downside (or upside, if you like this sort of thing) is that after my leisurely, hour-long trip to nirvana, I have the strongest nicotine buzz I've ever experienced.
This is a great pipe, unfortunately no longer made - heavy bowl, beautiful rustication, LOONNGG shank, gorgeous lucite stem. If you ever see any for sale in reasonable condition at a decent price, I urge you to jump at it. They just don't make 'em like this anymore! :puffy:

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
D3405783-24AB-4F57-8900-217FE056DDF7-20810-000029D337BA2C0C_zpsd1a1e4fc.jpg
My Estella's since that pic was taken I have bought another one . The old cajun

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
Whoa, Bradley, that is some collection (also a great photo)! Did you buy them new, or as estates? I can't remember when I got mine, but I think it was one of my first "good" pipes, so that would make it somewhere about 1975 or so.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Bradley, what's that orange pipe in the middle-left? Handsome stain, handsome shape.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Padre they are all estates, I did my homework and as Roth said they were destined to be Autographs and some minor flaw they were rusticated, my first one so impressed me I went on a hunt and I am glad I did, I had a few more and gifted 2 to some forum members , share the wealth so to speak.

kcvet67

Jul 6, 2010
Estellas are one of the best kept secrets in estate pipes. Great smokes and they rarely sell for what they're worth. They used to be fairly common on ebay but I haven't seen too many in the past year or two.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I just picked up, for the first time in years, my old Savinelli Estella 803 EX Canadian, filled up its huge bowl with some Button Bay from 4noggins, and relived the past. Man, what a sweet smoke! I had forgotten what a really great pipe and excellent tobacco can do.
Nice!
I am one of the lucky fellows Bradley gifted an Estella to and I can attest, they are wonderful smokers.

boudreaux

Apr 7, 2013
Wow, Bradley, I could see me driving down there and having little trouble finding your home - just look for the mushroom cloud... :P

Status
Not open for further replies.