PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
My Smokingpipes.com order arrived yesterday! Here is what it contained. An estate Blakemar Champion from Blakemar Briars! It is leaning against a pound of Peter Stokkeybe English Oriental Supreme. Thanks to Roth for sending me a heads up when this became available. I am smoking McBaren Burley London Blend in it right now. It's a good smoker!
BlakemarChampion2_zps8dfe4734.jpg

BlamarChampion1_zpsa610898d.jpg

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
Very nice indeed! Do you know when it was made? Blakemar is situated only a few miles from where I live (see http://www.blakemar.co.uk/about/ for some history) and I currently have 3 in my collection. They all smoke very nicely and are a treat to hold as the lines are so "right". Hope you have many happy smokes with it.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
The bulldog is my favorite in pipe shapes and that is an extra sweet looking one you have there. Congratulations!
I was just reading reviews about the English Oriental Supreme blend by Stokkebye the other day. Now, I know I'll have to order a small sample to try some next month for sure. I've only tried the Luxury English blend and found it a slight too mild for my taste. Love the Golden Dansk for a aromatic.

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
Thanks everyone! Durham, I smoke two English type blends. They are PS English Oriental Supreme and Frog Morton Cellar. Those aren't the only ones I have tried and liked. They are just the ones I am cellaring and smoking while I begin exploring VAs and VA/PAs.

petergunn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 3, 2013
Blakemar has a couple of neat videos on Youtube if you want to check them out.
thanks for the info, I enjoyed watching.
Bob enjoy your new pipe I'm very pleased with the Blakemar I own.

Status
Not open for further replies.