PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

samw74

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2017
New York , NY
This review is based off an 11 year old tin.
Upon opening, I’m greeted with the McClelland apple-vinegar barrel smell. The ribbons are short in length and full in girth. They’re mostly dark and very dark brown. It did not need any time to dry. In addition to the savoury apple-vinegar Virginias, I sense a slight amount of burning wood. There’s also a spicy tang that’s consistent throughout the smoke. The bowl can get hot with puffing, but never harsh.
Black Sea Sokhoum is a full bodied , medium strength non-Latakia, Oriental forward blend. I recommend this to anyone who loves Oriental blends.

grimpuffer

Can't Leave
Aug 29, 2016
Thanks for the review.
I stocked up on a lot of the Orientals a few years back but somehow missed this one.
I’ve enjoyed all the Oriental blends McC made but I never realized I didn’t buy this one.
Classic Samsun is my favorite of them though. Reminds me of my grandmothers spice rack as a kid.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
As someone who is only recently exploring non-latakia oriental blends, Im sorry I missed on this one. Maybe Ill spy a tin somehwere down the road.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I enjoy all of the Grand Orientals line, but my favorites are Yenidje Highlander and Yenice Agonya.

Status
Not open for further replies.