PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jankomatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2010
Tampa, FL
Well I have my first bowl of this today, not passing any judgement, just giving my first impressions. I will have to have more to make my final decision on it.
I cut 4 discs off the rope and they rubbed out beautifully, better than any flake I have tried to rub out. I let is dry out for about 5 minutes and loaded my Peterson 304 system with it. I didn't have any problem with the light or keeping it lit, it seemed to burn fine for me. The initial taste was not too strong actually kind of mellow, to me there was a slight anise taste to it and then kind of a grill or charred taste. The middle of the bowl was the best, still the same flavors, but less harsh much smoother leathery taste. The issue I have is it seems to leave an aftertaste in the back of my mouth or the top of my throat, a kind of acrid sensation. I will try this in another couple of pipes and see if there is a difference in them.
Wes

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
This is my favorite of the ropes. A lot of people are frightened off by it's reputation for strong taste. It is full-flavored but, as you noted, there's a mellowness to the strength. For me it's an evening blend, very relaxing. I usually smoke it in a calabash accompanied by iced tea, which seems to minimize the aftertaste.

Status
Not open for further replies.