PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I enjoy it. It was the first Balkan blend that I tried and probably a favorite so far

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Well it's my favorite blend.

arrow-left.png

If that's not enough, click the crest in my sig line and it will take you to my review.

jharvard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 2, 2011
Baron, I just read your wonderful detailed review. It's going to be next on my list to try. Thanks for sharing. :puffpipe:

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
@ Baron I'd like to say I read your review before trying it,but I didn't. I was more influenced by the fact that you just kept harping on the blend here. I mean really just all the time. And the cult, I mean how can you go wrong when there's a whole cult, with like secret handshakes and magic underpants, and tattoos, and special secretly encrypted alien messages in the form of pictures in their signature line,based around a tobacco.

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
Got a tin of Black House arriving tomorrow. Will be a good way to spend what is supposed to be a fairly snowy day here in Maryland.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
Even better if you have Absinthe. It's my favorite combination!
Well then maybe you should try Nosferatu by Tewksbury... I used to make absinthe before they started selling the thujon deficient stuff here. I don't really drink any longer but may have some stashed away somewhere. Nosferatur is a little heavier on the anise than BH and would be a great blend even without it.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I have a jar full of Black House now thanks to Chris (gwtwdbss)
It's got a fair amount of latakia in it, it's probably a couple of scoops short of a lat-bomb, which keeps it on my list. It's got good taste, it's a "spicy umami" flavor, but it is a strong taste that would take some getting used to in order to palette it regularly without some considerable bite.

poligerard

Lurker
Dec 28, 2012
I personally feel the latakia in Black House to be ponderous, overshadowing perhaps even overwhelming the orientals. I liken it more to Abingdon than Balkan Sobranie. Not that it's a bad thing, just different.
Perhaps that's why Blue Mountain won people's choice over Black House. The latakia is far more balanced in Blue Mountain and closer to Sobranie IMHO.

graywizard

Might Stick Around
Apr 9, 2013
Found Black House to have too much BITE and not enough Latakia for my tastes. Balkan Supreme was much smoother. I realize they are after 2 different blends. But probably not doing BH anymore. Need to try Blue Mountain - that may be the one.

neverknowsbest

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2013
Black House is in my top ten for sure. The peppery catch from the Kentucky is just the perfect amount. It is one such robust flavor that can really play fiddle with the Latakia in a unique way. It seems like something that is easy to get wrong as well, so I commend Russ for his hard work on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.