PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Because I see Black House Whores sig all the time, I had to buy some.

I love it! Everything about it....except it makes me cough, Sorry Dude!

Am sure it is just me.

Does that mean all balkins will?

fshu2

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2011
as the good gents above said work on sipping more and you will enjoy it more. you will also be able to taste the flavors better.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Pipes and Cigars was kind enough to send me a sample with my last order from them,but have not got around to trying it yet.On my TO DO list..

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
The stuff is awesome. I'm sitting on an 8oz tin, afraid to crack it because then it will all be gone and all the other tobaccos will be forgotten. I guess the other tobaccos could use a little aging. :D

charimon

Lurker
Sep 12, 2012
I Hate you all. Now I have to go try another New baccy. My Luck is I will LOVE it too. Grrr. :roll:

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
You shouldn't be coughing after smoking Black House... I think you got a bad batch. Send me what's left and I'll dispose of it properly. :puffy: :nana: :rofl:
-Jason
P.S.- lankford, you can get it in tins from Smoking Pipes as well, but bulks only from P&C...

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I don't cough but I definitely inhale more than I should. One can tell!
Sipping is all well and good but I almost always revert to a steadier puffing and unconscious inhalation. I get lost in the smoke! I've been trying to knock if off though.
As for Black House, it is still unavailable to me but I might get to try it some day...

garyovich

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2012
What is it supposed to be a tribute blend to? All I can find are vague references. All I know is I'm almost out and SPC needs to get more in stock.

Aug 14, 2012
I tried Black house, and no offence to the Baron meant, I didn't like it at all. In fairness, I should try it a few more times before judging, so this is not a judgement, just an impression. My palate found it heavy without any subtlety. I do smoke other Latakia blends, lots of them, including Stokkebye's Eng. Oriental, McClellnd's Syrian and Cyprian Full Balkans and their Bombay Extra, Dunhill's 965 and Standard, and several others. I was an exclusive Balkan Sobranie smoker from 1958 to almost the year 2000. There is no similarity, in my opinion. Maybe my tongue was tired that day, but I could not smoke more than half of it.

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
I dont recognize your name so I will first say, Welcome to the forum!

Does that mean all balkins will?

I have around six Balkans and I'm betting that if you like this one you will like others. I also beleive that you may have wrecked yourself for others because you really did try one of the best first,IMHO. Enjoy! :)

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Everyone's taste is different. You should try Magnum Opus. It's much more complex than black house. As you can tell with my review Black House just sort of hit me where I live. YMMV on all things as subjective as taste in tobacco.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Thanks. I don't inhale but it does cause a tickle/cough. Have some allergies, so if I smoke it enough, I will get over it! Mixed a small batch, 1/2 CH, 1/3 Black House & 1/3 blend from my local tobacco shop = killer. Tastes are too good to give it up....for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.