PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Well, a tin of BF has arrived in port. Unfortunately, it now has the infamous black flag from the gov't about 'health' issues.
Never dealt with a crumble cake before. How do you prepare it? I'm tempted to just use my nails to pull strands of toby, but I'm not sure if that'd be un-piratey.

upnorth1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2017
La Belle Province, Canada
I break it off with my fingers and rub it out. I keep it jarred and as I get further into the cake I rub the rest of it out for further use. Nothing smells as yummy as opening that jar, sticking your nose in, and taking a good whiff.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I have been just peeling some off, a layer at a time, then crumbling it up and letting it dry under my fan at the office. I usually break up enough for couple of bowls...then I end up breaking off more than that because I know.....I just know...I'm gonna need more....I end up with about enough for 4 or 5 bowls drying out at once, then I pre-pack a pipeful, because I know I will not be able to bear the anticipation to fire it up the minute I'm done working. The rest has been sitting in the tin, but I'm about to jar the rest, breaking it up as I go. Enjoy you scurvy dog! I think I'll have to have a bowl now to celebrate the occasion.

nitemair13

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2018
North Carolina
Glad I saw this post. I've got an on order of BF arriving tomorrow. I already have the beard, pirate flag, and cutlass standing by. So if you hear about a crazed pirate out of NC on the news, that'd be me

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
How do you prepare it?
SMACK IT UP! FLIP IT! RUB IT DOWN!
bellbivdevoe-600x352.jpg

(Do Me by Bell Biv Devoe, for those who missed the 90's)
Welcome aboard!
jay-roger.jpg

Reactions: rushx9

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Thanks, mateys!
We've been having thunderstorms these last couple of days. I might not get to sail on the BF till later in the week, but looking forward to it. This stuff does smell delicious.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Either pinch off & rub out, grab a chunk & roll between fingers & drizzle, or pull out into strings & cram it in. There's normally wrong way to do it!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Each layer of the cake, like a plug, is part of the blend. To get the full effect and flavor of the blend, you want a piece of each layer.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
So, Embers, slice it?
To-day, I just grabbed the chunks that had come off and rubbed them as I'd a flake, then loaded them in my Quixx mini-pipe (I've heard this blend is strong, so I didn't want a cigar-like nic-hit), but I packed too tight, plus it was a wee moist and my lighting rate was a match per puff. Didn't get much out of it, aside from an English-like taste. I'll try packing looser next time, and I'll get a sharp knife.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
To-day, I just grabbed the chunks that had come off and rubbed them as I'd a flake
Sounds perfect. You just don't want to smoke it layer by layer or you miss the blender's total intention.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Maybe that’s why I didn’t care for it, I pulled off the top and smoked it, then worked my way down. I never tried a bowl from a full slice, I assumed that it was blended fully, then compressed. I might need to retry this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.