PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

butsiethesungo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2016
Broussard, LA
Greetings,
So today I thought I would enjoy a nice bowl of C&D Black Frigate and to my surprise I found a white cob-web like substance growing on top of my tobac. I am afraid that it may be mold. I keep my can in my coolidor with all my other jarred tobacco. I need help identifying this substance from BOTL

Picture

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That is the strangest looking brick of BF I've ever seen, but that certainly looks like mold.

9985edff-38b4-4f36-ae20-340dd2b9fcbf-600x448.jpg

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
Definitely mold unfortunately. Seems this one and Kajun Kake were particularly suceptible

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Never bought any of that one. Was a choice between it and 5100. To the OP, contact the seller. They will very likely replace it.

butsiethesungo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2016
Broussard, LA
Thanks to all who posted and Chasing Embers for posting my picture.
Joseph, you are correct—a burial at sea is definitely warranted for the BF
Chasing Embers, the date is: 03/27/17. I’ve had it open for approximately a year, enjoying it over time.

tobaccojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2016
USA
C&D strikes again. I root for this tobacco house so hard, but they continue to have mold issues. They’ve always been great about replacing moldy tins, but c’mon with this!? It shakes my confidence in them. Bummer.

Jan 8, 2013
C&D strikes again. I root for this tobacco house so hard, but they continue to have mold issues. They’ve always been great about replacing moldy tins, but c’mon with this!? It shakes my confidence in them. Bummer.
Tobaccojoe, the original poster states later in this thread that he's been enjoying the tin over time throughout the year. It's likely the mold was introduced much later after opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.