PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Pipes & Cigars

Smoking Pipes

1. $5 in store credit for every $50 spent all weekend long, to use on other Smokingpipes.com purchases.

2. Get a free 50g tin of Peterson pipe tobacco with purchase of any new Peterson pipe!

3. All Mac Baren tinned tobacco is 15% off until November 28th.

wizhunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2017
Black Friday over here in the UK isn't as good as the one you have in the states, infact i find it pretty mediocre though some people queue alnight to save a couple of pounds, never seen a Black Friday deal on tobacco except for the one posted 2 above.
Wiz

eltice

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2012
Tobaccopipes.com is offering 25% off sitewide this weekend. Min $100, PIPES17 is the code.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
smokingpipes "deal" reminds me other "deal" on trading pipe, making money coming and going, a sale upfront with a 10% deduction that secures another sale.

eltice

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2012
I use smokingpipes.com a good bit and thought their offer was pretty weak. Not that 10% is bad, but more so that it isn’t really any different than normal and it is only a store credit.
P&C is ok for the folks that like that limited selection of BOGO baccy, but not impressed at all on this one. They did have a better deal with the gift cards and “fireside” offer though.
Guess deals, from anyone, are always hit or miss. :)

brightleaf

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2017
Pipes and Cigars had some nice surprises for me when I ordered this morning. Not only did I get free shipping but a free calendar as well. All of this after their recent flash sale, which they were extremely generous with. They seem to treat customers like family.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Both of those retailers offer great deals throughout the year.

I think this B.F. sale is merely a pro forma offering on a traditional sales day.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
Country Squire Sale - 15% off all pipes and 10% off house tobacco.

https://www.thecountrysquireonline.com/2017/11/black-friday-sale-2017/
@brightleaf . I think Pipes and Cigars is very much aware they are the red-headed stepchild after the cluster that was IPSD this year when they chose to upgrade their system and lose orders and end up shipping stuff out 2 months later. They are doing everything they can to make things right. I do applaud them for their work.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
I am an affable guy and a kindly husband. But going out shopping on "Black Friday" is a spanking offense in this house.
We sleep in after a big houseful of Thanksgiving guests, have a leisurely coffee, then spend most of the day decorating for Christmas (possibly with a nap for good measure).
[Online shopping is permitted. But the mad, dangerous avarice of the malls? Oh HELL no.]

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Want to really save money? Don't buy anything.
Why haven't you been elevated from "Preferred Member" to "Sage"?
Also, Pylorns and I are of the same mind with regard to P&C's offering.
As to SPC, hey, they're the market leader (at least in NA if not the world) and don't have to discount deeply to get your business. Why should they? Premium brands do what premium brands do.
-- Pat

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
BOGO on Firestorm and John Cotton's Smyrna, free shipping, free calendar, plus $5 credit equals a happy Prairiedruid! :P

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A B&M black friday footnote: On Wednesday I went to the mall to get two batteries and a wrist band adjustment on my wife's favorite "Timex" (she loves those things) and she feared for the crowding. As I suspect my being a retailer in a previous life, I said I thought things would be slack the day before Thanksgiving. Sure enough, the watch battery shop had only one customer in line, and parking was wide open everywhere. I think the frenzy about post-holiday bargains is a total scam, a few dozen items as loss leaders and standard unremarkable discounts for the rest of the scores or hundreds waiting outside in tents and under blankets in the dark. I think people are unconsciously drawn to the artificial hardship, with fantasies of their pioneer forebears or immigrant grandparents. The online sales are good, if you are getting what you want and would have bought anyway at the higher price. I am vulnerable to sale prices from time to time. If you shop at malls, here locally I have found the time to go is Monday and Tuesday nights. They're open, they're all staffed up, and there aren't that many customers, although results may vary with your locations.

5star

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
sablebrush52: “ Want to really save money? Don't buy anything. “
Well that’s downright un-American (unfortunately).
I did buy a few pipesmoking things that I’d been planning to get anyway. And I didn’t mind the extra discount.
The annual news stories of near (and actual) homicide by crowds fighting for Black Friday deals is an annual tradition. It’s all quite silly IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.