Pipes Magazine » Pipe Talk

Tags:   

Bjarne?

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rayje589

Login to Send PM

I've been checking out Bjarne pipes over at P&C now that they have a good supply and had some questions about them. Are they filtered or unfiltered? Stinger? What's the quality like for the price?

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. matchstickman

Pipe Novelist

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I believe most Bjarne pipes are unfiltered, if memory serves me correctly. Quality? I cant speak from first hand experience, but reviews all across the board have been mostly positive. Of course, for the price that you could get a Bjarne, you could spend another 10-20 dollars and get yourself a nice Savinelli which in my opinion are some of the best smokers for the money.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I bought a new Bjarne from Marty Pulvers and it was filtered, came without a filter and I smoked it without, would have thrown it out anyway. The old cajun

The Old Cajun
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. robusthermit

robusthermit

Login to Send PM

I picked one up off of P&C a few months ago. Its a good pipe for the money. It didn't come with a filter or stinger. I don't know if it is designed to take a filter. I never use a filter so I never pay much attention to filter specs. But I am happy with my purchase. I would pick up another.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. chakaraka

chakaraka

Login to Send PM

My first (and so far only) briar is a Bjarne Viking Classic Red Polished Apple. It came with pre-carb coating, no filter and no stinger. It also claims to have a vulcanite stem (but I am still too new to know for sure what vulcanite feels like vs acrylic). I did a cleaning to remove any excess stain and ended up dissolving part of the pre-carb coating. So I removed the rest of the coating, let it rest for 2 days and just smoked my first bowl out of it last night. The drilling is spot on and the draw seems about perfect. Other have complained about restricted draw and I will agree after a cob it feels restricted, but it seemed to smoke quite well for a first bowl and has me excited to get more briars. Mine is a bent shape, so it does not want to pass a pipe cleaner for me, but it also seems to stay relatively dry so I am not sure that is a detraction. One thing I will mention is that my stem seems very tight, but I plan to try a little graphite on there and am sure it will be fine once it has been taken apart a few times. Mine is also a pretty standard 3/4" x 1-1/2" chamber, but some of the Bjarnes and Tsuges have smallish bowls, so check the sizing in the specs.

Mike.
    - - - - - -
    Rookie, but learning.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  6. puffy

puffy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I just have one.I got it many years ago.I'm very happy with the way it smokes.

Life's most valuable treasure is..Love
    Posted 1 year ago #
  7. pstlpkr

Lawrence

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I love my Bjarne.
    Good pipes.

"Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." Winston Churchill
    View Lawrence  Whitcomb's profile on LinkedIn
    Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   philobeddoe, sparks, dmcmtk, conlejm, derfargin, olewaylon, rockymtnsmoker, daimyo, simnettpratt, prndl, pruss, antbauers, puffy, settersbrace, jd11, jbbaldwin, hiplainsdrifter, derfatdutchman, cigarsmker, bubblehead33, crazyhog, rsuninv, northernneil