PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
My birthday is coming up, and I'm debating which tin to crack open. I have Frog Morton Cellar from 2012, Old Dark Fired from 2012, Pirate Cake from 2010, Captain Earle's Mystic Blend from 2008, And Balkan Sasieni that was bought in 2011(I'm not sure how old it is)

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Happy Birthday (early!).
If you go with the Balkan Sasieni, I'd love to hear what you think. But I'll warn you that I was seriously disappointed. . . it actually felt to me as if the oriental flavors/aromas were the result of added flavorings! I know that sounds crazy, but every single bowl I had lost all the oriental aspect entirely midway through. Since I've never encountered a leaf that actually disappeared halfway down a bowl -- for an entire tin -- the only thing that occurred to me was that it wasn't actually there much at all in the first place. . . that it was, in reality, a flavoring that burned off as I smoked. (This would account for the budget price of this blend when it was first re-introduced, something like $6.99/tin.)
I hope I'm wrong. But I just don't know how else to account for the way this one smoked for me. (I really hope I'm wrong, too, because I've still got 20 tins from 2008 in the cellar!)
Bob

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
My birthday isn't till next Monday, but thank you for the early birthday wishes. I was going to crack the balkan, but then I got these other tins, so I'm not sure now.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Happy birthday Uber! I personally could really go for some dark fired right about now, but they all seem like good choices to me so happy birthday again and happy smoking! :puffy:

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
The ODF won't disappoint. Happy early Birthday Über may you have many great smokes ahead!

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Pirate Cake sounds good. I haven't had that one in a while. Happy Early Birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.