Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
At Friday night's weekly smoker I was totally blown-away, when my buddy surprised me with a new Peterson Ashford 68 Cumberland for my birthday - a total shock!
I popped the cherry on this beauty with a bowlful of C&D's Black Frigate, and simply thought about how good life can be when you have good friends and good tabak to share in a quiet meditative space.
I quietly savored every nuance of the feel and flow of this new pipe as the smoke from the Black Frigate tabak slowly introduced me to the new pipe, and the new pipe to me, slowly and smoothly working it's way between us, bonding me with the pipe in rum-infused smokey tobacco bliss.
From that initial bowl, I was next offered some Mac Baren Golden Extra which I enjoyed for it's very clean Burley presentation.
After that, I finished up the "getting to know you" session with a bowlful of my old faithful, Prince Albert; and then, gently set the warm pipe down to rest for the night.
It was indeed a very good birthday; and I wouldn't want to imagine living in world without good friends and fine tobacco. - Sherm Natman
pete03-600x426.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Congrats on the new pipe! Good friends and good times are a blessing, Happy Birthday Sherm!

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Congratulations on a great birthday gift.
Congratulations also on having a great buddy who would give you a gift like that.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Happy Birthday Sherman, mine was on Saint Pats day, 76 and more than enough pipes, elected to smoke a little Hemingway Short Smoke, been a while that I smoked one. :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Pipe smokers are easy to gift if you know pipes. Your friend got it right. Happy birthday and many happy years ahead.
And happy birthday brad; us Vietnam vets are just reaching our prime of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.