PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
So I was asking you guys a little while back about a couple of Savinelli pipes I was wanting to get for my birthday. After a lot of talk about the Hercules, I convinced my parents and girlfriend to place the order and my wonderful girlfriend surprised me the other morning with my new Savinelli Hercules Rhodesian. I havent had the chance to smoke it yet but Im really itching to do so. This pipe is beautiful and it is MASSIVE. I'm talking stupid huge.
DSCN1005rsz.jpg

One of the conditions of getting the pipe early was that Rachel got to model it for me :)
DSCN1006rsz.jpg

DSCN1007rsz.jpg

This kind of gives you an idea how big this monster is. I have a bear paw for a hand and it fills almost the whole thing.
As if that wasn't enough, Rachel played a nifty little trick on my yesterday by calling me and telling me that her car had broken down. She started giving me directions on where to pick her up, and about a mile from where she was, I started thinking the directions sounded awfully familiar to getting to the local smoke shop. Her car hadnt really broken down, and after damn near having a heart attack, I found out she had sneaked down to the local pipe shop and wanted me to meet up with her and pick up another pipe for my birthday as another birthday surprise from her. After some careful deliberation, I had my eye on a nice Nording pipe that had a slight imperfection in the rim and in the bowl coating, and they knocked 1/3 of the price off, so we walked out of the B&M with a new Nording for $50. Smoked it last night and it's a beauty, its really gonna break in nice and be a wonderful smoker.
DSCN1011rsz.jpg

DSCN1012rsz.jpg

The rim imperfection is so minor you can't even see it, but it was just near the top of the inside of the rim. The bowl coating was starting to flake off but it doesnt affect smoking quality at all.
DSCN1013rsz.jpg

DSCN1014rsz.jpg

This is shaping up to be one hell of a birthday and its not even here yet. Thanks to all the wonderful people responsible for these great pipes. I am one happy son of a gun!

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
You're a lucky guy for sure. Those are great looking pipes - and your sweetheart sound pretty special too. Congrats.

Jul 15, 2011
Im a little scared to load and light up that Savinelli. I know for a fact I will never be able to complete a whole pipe in one sitting. That ones gonna be an English pipe for sure. The Nording is destined to be a Burley/Virginia pipe from the looks of things. Had a bowl of Irish Whiskey in it last night and it tasted pretty damn good.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Happy Birthday! That was really thoughtful of her.
Now you have to "break down" near the humane society and get her a kitty.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Happy Birthday and congratulations on your presents. I hope you enjoy the pipes for many birthdays yet to come.

shawn

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
Pipe N. all three are beauties both pipes and your Lady! Good for you Sir.

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Congrats on the new pipes.. Girlfriend's a keeper as well....

Status
Not open for further replies.