PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
A day after I made the order of three Cayuga billiards from Paul's Pipe Shop, I got these beauties: all three are oil cured Cayugas, as I've said before in other postings, possibly the best pipe one can smoke. A black shell grain, a two tone shell; and a rusticated. I can't wait to start breaking them in!

img_0792-600x345.jpg

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
They are online, but you only scratch the surface of what they have: it doesn't replace a visit to the actual shop unless you are very specific about what you want, say "a black shell grain briar billiard." Forum rules forbid me from giving the shop web site, but a search will show them. Thanks for the B-day wishes: it provided something of a problem because I was born midnight on the 29th of February, and we don't have 29 days in February this month.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Happy Birthday and beautiful pipes. I especially like the saddle bit on the top one. 8O

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
Happy Birthday sir and I am glad I was there for your first visit to Paul's last month. Looks like we opened Pandora's box. :clap:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Happy Birthday, that is a quite a treat!
Rules only forbid a shop from advertising their own wares. Members are certainly allowed to post where purchases were made etc.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Thank you all! John, I'm sending you the bill! Hey, are we going to go back to the shop in the spring?

The addie for the shop is simply paulspipeshop.com Check it out and give them a call for anything special. Remember the Cayuga line of pipes--they are unbeatable. I'd pit a Cayuga against a Dunhill any day!

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
Great haul!! I own one of Pauls pipes, and it is a great smoke!!
I'm confused as to why Pauls doesn't receive more press on the pipe boards. It seems unknown outside of those of us who actually live in Michigan. It should be ranked among the top pipe shops of the nation though. It's wall to wall pipes, lots of NOS items, blend their own tobaccos, and they even have a pipe museum upstairs. Pauls inventory that you can see numbers in the thousands!! There's thousands more in their total inventory though.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
sparrowhawk, a leap year baby. Do you usually celebrate on Feb. 28 or March 1? That's a unique

distinction. I was born on Friday the Thirteenth ... don't ask.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I'm not sure "celebrate" is the correct word as my leapyear birthdays are now in the double digits. We generally regard March 1 as my birthday, as it would be the 29th if there were a 29th on a given year. If that makes any sense. And a happy belated happy birthday to Pete!

Trivia question: does everyone know why we have a leapyear?

Thanks for all the good wishes, guys. Now if only Kevin would present something to the leapyear baby as a gift--say, a pipe cabinet, which I desperately need...

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Happy Birthday man!
Great looking pipes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WTSlr_WRgo
Give a shout out to the Major General for me...

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Had a girlfriend in college who played piano for a local production of the Pirates. Interestiing coincidence, the Fred in Pirates was born on Feb. 29 1856; my name is Fred, and I was the first baby born in the Detroit area on leap year day--Feb. 29th, 1956! My pic made the local papers on my following birthday. Sadly, the girl's affection for me waned rapidly and today she's a fat technical writer for some refrigeration company. Hard to hide these days from the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.