PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

profpar

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2011
Buford, Georgia
For my birthday today I just ordered a pipe from FLN pipes. My wife paid for me. Can't wait to receive it
image1-600x450.jpg

Edit: Fixed the pic, L.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Oh wow, very nice. That is an ample hunk of briar and that stem is fabulous!

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Profpar:
Welcome to the double nickel club. We're an interesting group, friend.
That's a beautiful pipe and a very thoughtful gift from your wife. I wish you many more years of enjoying them both.
I'd never heard of this brand so I Googled them and was pleasantly surprised to see that FLN pipe is the hobby of one of the most highly recommended pipe repair guys on this forum. But, here's the 50K dollar question. Of all the pipes available on the internet and a slough of B&Ms, why this one? Especially from a gentleman known for fixes rather than creations.
Fnord

profpar

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2011
Buford, Georgia
I heard many good things about fln pipes and really liked the look of that one. Pipe making is Floyd's hobby so their is care in its making. Because Floyd did make his reputation as a pipe maker, I now will be able to own a pipe of a quality that my wife or I could have ever dreamed of affording

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Happy Birthday! Very nice pipe. Floyd does great work and at reasonable prices. He's made new stem for several of my pipes. I think your wife did a great thing and his pipes are a good value for the dollar. Enjoy.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Prof I just know that will be a good smoker, the reason I say this I have 2 Bill Sargents a pipe repairman from Topeka Kansas, his specialty was Canadians and they were so well received in the 60s and the 70s that they commanded prices higher than Dunhills, I had bought 2 that the tendons were snapped off in 85, then put in a box, Dave Wolfe repaired them and they are exquisite smokers, Prof I believe this will be a jewel in your collection, you got a good wife and are a lucky man. The old cajun PS Happy Birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.