PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
Some days when I am working in my shop, I lay out 4 or so pipes and smoke one after another with each a different blend as I work on projects. Does anyone other than Jim, smoke multiple different pipes and different blends all at one sitting?

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Yep...I will typically lay out what I feel like smoking during the day when at work and will prepare my pipes ahead of time, having usually 3 or so ready to go. I might not get a chance to smoke them all in one sitting straight, unless I too am at home in the garage working on something. As soon as I'm done with one, it's pulled out of my maw, another one replaces it and lit while I dump and scrape the previous and onward my working goes.

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
When I got restarted in pipe smoking about ten years ago (delinquent from the late '60s), i smoked a dozen bowls a day. Trying and testing out various new tins as they arrived. I learned that NIghtcap put me on the floor with my head spinning. I got seriously into English/Balkan blends, but still kept acquiring all manner of stuff suggested here.

Including shopping with Pipestud, etc. for the rarities.
Someone just posted recently, asking if members used the same pipe for their next bowl.
A different blend in a different pipe is my way of utilizing my various (100) pipes and equal number of tobaccos in my pipe smoking life!
Carry on.

eaglewriter1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2018
I typicly only smoke in the evening but if I am I usualy smoke 3-4 Pipes in succesion usualy switching blends for each one.

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
I smoke aromatic in one pipe and non aros in a different pipe. I smoke a devil anse in my truck. I smoke 4 to 8 bowls a day in usually three different pipes.
I rest my pipes for about 6 to 8 days.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I’ve posted about this in the past but I’m a big proponent of smoking pipes this way. I rarely smoke just one pipe at a time, I usually smoke in tandem, two pipes, two blends and when I get the time I’ll load as many as 6 Pipes for one session, however, I like to alternate the pipes as I go, really makes the flavors POP when ya switch over to the next pipe. I even make note of great combinations that really work side by side, I love doing a good English in one pipe and a straight VA/VaPer in another, for some reason the Lat really helps bring out the flavors in the VA blends for me.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I sometimes pack a couple at a time, but nothing I do could be described as binging. Glacial comes to mind.

rdavid

Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Yay. So I don’t have a problem?
When I’m off work, I’ll typically start the day with 2 or 3 bowls back to back. Different blends, sometimes different pipes. I usually have 2 pipes loaded and ready to go throughout the day.
Just added to my ever growing pipe collection so it’s time to start experimenting. Different blends in different pipes would mean 8 to 10 pipes a day. Sounds good to me!

recluse

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2011
I do not. I typically take a break in-between bowls of at least a couple of hours or more.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Between a month in and a year into resuming the pipe I binged. Many pipes different blends, same pipe, same blends, morning, noon and night, over a dozen bowls as day. A bit later I started smoking less and enjoying it more. Now between 4-7 a day. As always, mileage varies.

5star

Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
I do the opposite, go days or even longer periods when I don’t smoke because I’m just not in the mood.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Most of my pipes, excluding freehands and commissions, range between group 3 and 4. It takes me at or around two hours to finish a bowl and I smoke the same pipe twice per day for a week before switching out.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
When I get to sit down, maybe 2-3 relights and pause just long enough to take a drink.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
If working, the same pipe will last through the drive to work, 10+ minutes, two 10 minute breaks and one 30 minute lunch break, then smoke the rest on the drive home.

Status
Not open for further replies.