PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
It's short, but during an interview Billy talks about how he loves to smoke his cigars and how stupid it is that you can't smoke indoors any longer. Funniest line "what's next a special lane for drunk drivers?"

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Billy Connolly is one of the funniest comedians of all time, just make sure the little one's are out of range when listening to him!

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
Thanks so much..I love watching him.I'm not sure what it is about him that intrigues me.Maybe it's that he seems to be a free spirit.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Ah yes Peck, the Scots are a little hard to understand, after 20 years my wife still had troubles knowing what my relatives were saying. If you think it was bad at his concert, you should try to understand a Scotsman after a few wee drams.......pretty much impossible!

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
Great link. You don't often hear a man comfortable enough with himself to say "I enjoy the company of men." I've always been a fan of Billy Connolly. He was hilarious in the movie "The Impostors".

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
I have not heard of him before, and you are right; it takes quite a man to say, 'I enjoy the company of men'. Clearly this man is comfortable in his own shoes.
Most frightening is what he said about Canada and smoking vs a 'herion room'. Whether or not this is true, this is the trend in the Western world, and I am so frustrated that there is really nothing I can do about it other than express my displeasure at any of those who will listen. Just like Mr. Connelly, I wave my finger.
Allan

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Allan, you have to do a search on youtube for Billy Connolly and watch some of his standup. He was voted as Britain's most influential comedian of all time. The man swears like a sailor but he's funny as hell, people like Robin Williams and Whoopi Goldberg sing his praises.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I've enjoyed Mr. Connolly as a comedian for years but he's also got acting chops. He was the spiritual backbone in the "Boondock Saints' duet and he absolutely ripped the ass out of his performance as Tom Cruise's loyal NCO in "The Last Samurai." He wasn't on screen for long but his presence was solid, salty and substantial.
Fnord

easygoer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2013
Great memories of Billy sitting around the campfire with my grandfather and his pipe listening to his stand up routines. Thanks for posting Brd.

Status
Not open for further replies.