PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
No I haven't. C&D seems to be expanding its trademark blends, as with several new versions of Old Joe Krantz. I guess they calculate people will be more accepting of a somewhat similar blend if it is given the same name with an additional word to distinguish it. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I like Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic much more than SWR Regular, so maybe I should appreciate these added versions of a successful original blend. I will likely try the new Billy Budd eventually, if tentatively.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
As Dolly Parton famously said, I'm not dumb, but I'm not blonde either.

ltstone

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I find Billy Budd Blond very similar to the Lovecraft series by C&D (Innsmouth , Miskatonic Mixture) . I made a quick video review for those interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnNnsZgz7lY&t=1s

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
This is the first I've heard of Billy Budd Blonde. LOVE the original, so easy no-brainer to add a few tins of "Blonde" to the cart.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I'm holding out for Billy Budd Redhead.
20180306_001753-600x417.jpg

Jul 12, 2011
I just got in a few tins, slight moisture on the blend - more than I like so I will let it dry for a few hours before putting a match to it - looking forward to trying with my morning cold brew coffee and have picked a Radice Rind Bulldog to sample it in. The tin note is very sweet ( brown sugars ), with wonderful notes of toasted nut and chocolate coming from the burley. I also detect some stewed fruits but they are very subtle. I will report back after my AM smoke :puffy:

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I really like this blend. Whereas the original Billy Budd has Latakia in it and a fairly "dry" flavor profile, the Blonde has no Latakia and a good portion of sweet VAs. It's still a burley-forward blend with cigar leaf, but the VAs balance it out a bit. Gorgeous aroma in the tin.

Jul 12, 2011
I'm really enjoying this blend, has a nice dry sweetness to it , Burley oh yeah - pairs really nice with a good cup of coffee - smooth and creamy

Status
Not open for further replies.