PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowhatchie

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 27, 2010
I just smoked my first bowl Of C&D's Billy Budd...I really like this blend..

Anyone else a fan?

bowhatchie

Sep 27, 2010
Ernest,
The room note is surely not as nice as the aromatics...In my opinion it tends to be a bit strong with a very smokey smell.... reminds me of a campfire.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
It does have a pungent room note based off of the Latakia and cigar leaf used in the blend. I like the smell of it, but some (my wife for one, lol) do not.

archerdarkpint

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 23, 2010
It's a good one and I'm a pretty big fan...most of the time I'll smoke it as a follow-on to a cigar on the patio during grilling and Party Time, but rarely in the house. Nice ratio of cigar to pipe tobacco...would recommend to anyone who is looking for something a little more than a standard English or Balkan blend.
Regards,
Archer

zunismoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2010
NC
I tried it and did not like it a lot. I am cellaring the rest that I have for a try when it has more age.

clanobucklin

Jan 19, 2010
I just tried it thanks to a tobacco trade with a good buddy back East (thank you MJTannen!). I really like it - although - I will probably smoke this one whenever I get the old Cigar Jones. What I like about this blend is that you can really taste the cigar leaf. It is very pungent and so I think most "wives" would run away in horror due to it's aromatic nature. Needless to say - it went great with a glass of Australian Shiraz red wine. And I can see pairing it with cognac, fine port or Harveys.

forsooth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2011
When my wife smelled in in the garage, she thought one of the neighbors was burning trash.
It is not a winner for me because it gives me tongue bite.

flipflopsandshades

Can't Leave
Dec 12, 2010
I practically had a revolt in my house after smoking barely a third of a bowl. I remember it being quite strong and since I am a tobacco lightweight, I don't think I will be smoking it until I build up a better tolerance.

clanobucklin

Jan 19, 2010
After a heavy steak dinner with Cabernet Sauvignon. Billy Budd just is the perfect closure to a beautiful day. A cup of Wolf Extra Dark French Roast really hit the spot. This blend just sings after a manly meal of meat and potatoes.

fredvegas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 2, 2010
I saw this at The Wharf today, and almost got some. Maybe when I get back to VA I'll go find some.

stacen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2011
Ordered some yesterday from smoking pipes looking forward to trying it.

sorringowl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
Just started getting into cigars a bit, so, I'm curious about this blend. Seems really interesting.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
Nathaniel: I think it is just the combo. Latakia is not a "strength" tobacco IMHO. The cigar leaf is a condiment and certainly not the same strength as smoking a cigar; so it must just be the mix. Your taste buds may just need some time to adjust to the sensation of the cigar leaf in the pipe tobacco.

stacen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2011
I just tried the stuff and love it. I am almost through a tin in 3 days (been smoking nothing else!) I am sure my tastes will balance themselves out, but right now i am really enjoying this blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.