Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I love Kyle's reviews with such great stories and descriptions - and the photos are excellent too! Bill Bud Blonde sounds like a great summer smoke. Check out the review here -

http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-tobacco-reviews/billy-budd-blonde/

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
I have the original Billy Bud in my wishlist at SP. Their description of that one states "a good amount of natural-cut cigar leaf." Having been an avid cigar smoker turned pipe smoker, this intrigued me. From reading this review I am guessing that the Blonde blend may have less cigar leaf. Would you agree?

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
A friend sent me a sample. Not sure if it was the old or new. But it was horrible. 1/2 bowl was all I could stomach and that is very unusual. Doesn't mean it's a bad blend, just means it was bad for me.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The original Billy Budd has never seemed extra strong to me, more high-range medium. Whether I'd enjoy a tamped down blend along these lines, I don't know. I do the occasional extra mild blend, Spilman Mixture for example, but that is determinedly subtle; that's its calling. I'm also intrigued that C&D has generated extra versions of Old Joe Krantz, another of my favorites in the original. How these avatars of successful blends will fly remains to be seen. So long as they don't supplant the originals, i may give them a shot at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.