PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Well, in my time zone, August 8th is upon us, and my way of celebrating is with a hot cup of Chai, Symphony in a straight grain Don Carlos volcano, and my middle finger strongly raised to the FDA. Any other "celebrating" happening today? :mrgreen:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Aye! Needed an Executive! They might sink us, but we'll give 'em hell on the way down! :puffy:

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
We won't sink!
I'll be standing strong tonight after the fam goes to bed! Most likely in the workshop experimenting with an ebonite shank cap! I'm thinking C&D Opening Night may be a pretty fitting blend.

Jun 4, 2014
I got a package of pipe tobacco this morning, hopefully I will get some time to light a bowl in defiance later.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
I sat on the back porch last evening... a gorgeous late summer night... smoking Sillem's Black which was the perfect choice for that moment, and watched the sun go down... from about 6 to 9pm here. It was perfect, sublime, elysian, beatific, mellow to da max, meditatively inspiring, enrapt with quiet joy, etc etc etc etc. I found I wished the FDA and other nay-sayers could have been there in that experience so they could just see what it is like for us pipe people... and even if they didn't succumb to the moment and join us, I'd bet their appreciation for what it's all about should somehow move their spirits, maybe in profound ways to at least be a little more tolerant and accepting of pipester's viewpoints and needs.

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
I jarred up some Luxury Bulls eye Flake I had received a few days ago. That added 3lbs to my cellar. My thought is the best defense is a deep cellar. Once the stocking was done I went and smoked a bowl to enjoy the rest of the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.