PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Today is Christopher Wallace's aka Biggie Smalls and Notorious B.I.G birthday.

Can't believe he is dead but I will gladly listen to Juicy and 1970 somethin in memory of him. Both are my favorite songs of his and I highly recommend that people who enjoy rap and haven't heard Biggie Smalls listen to him over a bowl today.

It might just be me, but often his music will relax me as well as my beloved contemporary jazz.

jvandy77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
Sorry, friend. Two things that I absolutely cannot handle are rap and country music. It all sounds the same, and the lyrics are all highly uneducated. sorry for the quick rant, haha.

jvandy77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
null Sorry, if I offended anyone. I was just stating my own opinion, I guess. ...Maybe I shouldn't have.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
No offense taken. Still the question remains "What genre would contain educated musical lyrics" ?

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
I didnt mean anything to imply you where offensive. I apologize, its like you saying you prefer English over Aeros its not wrong. I was just curious. At most I thought it was worth a chuckle.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
My two cents, for what it's worth (about that much I guess) is that all genres contain both intelligent lyrics and mindless lyrics. Although I share jvandy77's inability to abide both rap and country, I am aware of, and appreciate, artists in both genres who write very intelligent lyrics.
The rule of thumb is that the more intelligent the lyrics, the less popular the artist (these days at least...it wasn't always that way).

jvandy77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
I left a link at the very beginning of my comment. It says "null", if anyone wants to check it out.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Regardless of the merits of rap music, I don't think a convicted drug dealer should be lauded even after his death.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
@jvandy77: re: null: Yes, very intelligent lyrics indeed. I'd say that is the anthem of the "elite", psychopathic eugenicists. (this is in reference to your first link above of course, not the second one)

jvandy77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
@brian64, That is correct! Intelligent, yet written a poetic prose. Thanks for checking it out.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
@ Brian64: You hit the nail right on the head.
@ waznyf: Cheers. I will smoke a bowl for biggie tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.