PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Recently I expressed an interest in Virginias. Jeff (Troutface) contacted me and made arrangements to send me some Orik Golden Slice. My package arrived today, and along with the OGS there was Pease Montgomery (2006) and Pease Ashbury (2005).
I can't stop smelling the packages! Could it be that I've been smoking Aros for the smell, not the enjoyment????

Can't wait for tonight to fire up the OGS! I may have just found (after 40 years) my perfect smoke!
Thanks so much, Jeff!!!

Aug 14, 2012
Troutface: If you don't mind me asking I would like to know why you picked that name. I picked mine in homage to Earl Scruggs.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Great gesture Jeff.
PG, if you like the OGS, I can give you a long list of other VA, Vaper and Vabur flakes that will really open your horizons. Let me know if you want the list.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
OGS is the stealth blend. I remember my first bowl, and the first few puffs, and it's good, but kind of quiet. Half

way through the bowl, it had converted me. Then I thought that was just a happy first bowl. But I went right through

that little tin. If you like Virginia at all, it's pretty irresistible. Lots of other intriguing and complex Va/Pers, but OGS

is a fine old standard, really pleasing.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I started out with aro's as I thought that was the way tobacco was supposes to smell. However, it didn't take all that long before I realized that although the room smelled nice that I wasn't tasting anything, nor really getting much satisfaction from them.
My first step out of aro's just happened to be OGS and what a wake up call that was! Yikes... I could actually, and finally TASTE something, and it was great! Of course now I find myself with a shit load of aro's in Mason jars that will never be smoked. About the only time I'll touch one is when I really feel the need for a bowl when my granddaughter is over as she loves the smell. The only thing I can't smoke is anything containing Latakia as I can't, no matter how times I've tried, stomach the taste of it. Well, that and a Lakeland tobacco. That only took ONE try... and NEVER again!

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
You're very welcome Rob, I hope you catch the VA bug. They may not be the most complex of blends, but they have a certain purity that keeps me coming back for more. Thought I'd throw in the Ashbury in case you haven't tried a Balkan yet. It's a fairly light one, so a good one to start with. I highly recommend you get "The List" from Harris, lots of great stuff on there that helped me immensely.

Troutface: If you don't mind me asking I would like to know why you picked that name

Foggy, it's just a small joke between me and some friends.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
+2 on that gesture. It seems to be a daily occurrence where someone is sending someone something to enhance their smoking enjoyment.
I also have to agree that "The List" that Harris has compiled has sent me down a road of smoking pleasure that I never would have discovered on my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.