Big Blast and Oh What a Save By Hextall!!! Glove Side and He Hangs On!!!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2016
Re-creation.

34259087441_bb5ce2bffa_z.jpg

I was moving my pipes around my "service" rack after having a smoke and tapped the stem of the one on the outside edge. I was able to pin it against the side of the table after it fell over the edge. The piece of cloth was hanging over the side a bit, so nice and soft. This is how it ended up when everything stopped moving in slo-mo. Pipe of Red Cake and Blenders Bench Izmir on a hungry stomach AND a full shot of adrenaline right afterwards? Yeah I'm a little amped up right now. =)

Jan 8, 2013
Nice save! Looks like a beautiful pipe. It would have hurt to have seen it's finish marred after bouncing off the floor! :clap:
Pipe front and center looks interesting too. What's the make?

Jun 27, 2016
Caps fan, ss? Of course in true Hextall fashion I should have set it down on the floor and swung it around the boards into the kitchen.
These are all Brebbias anthonyrosenthal74. The one that I caught is a Sun 602 w/ 9mm filter & meer lining. Foreground is a 602 Crystal non-filter, and the one in the middle is a Junior Ambra 2761 w/9mm filter.

Jun 27, 2016
Haven't been paying close attention, but Holtby is pretty good and will probably Stonewall Jackson it tonight, but looking at the box scores your team is hitting a lot and shooting a lot and just needs to find the back of the net more than twice a game.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Right, but even I had to see Cindy go down that way, in the middle of a series. Oshie took his own cross-check to the head the game before, in the crease, no penalty called, so I don't feel too sad... Can the Caps pull it together to win three more games? Who knows.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I bet you meant "hate" to have seen, and "Sydney".... Unless Cap fans gave him a girly nick! Yes, no real fan of the game likes to see injuries like that.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Did mean "hate" and "Cindy", our nickname for Syd the Kid. I was out of town last night, streaming the game via my laptop to the hotel tv via HDMI. I watched the first period out on the hotel patio, smoking some MM965 in a Castello, till the rains came. I was on a Canadian broadcast, and they apparently nickname Fleury "the Flower". Weird.

Jun 27, 2016
Nice. Wow, he's still calling games. I had sort of a Gene Hart / Mike Emerick mash-up going on in mine.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I had set up this offering to the Hockey gods for the final game versus the Leafs. The Easter Rabbit, my granddaughter, Ray Lewis, Braden Holtby and Jesus. Then, my wife put away the Easter Rabbit and we go down 3-1. I dug out the Easter Bunny for game 5 and boom, now game 6. The Hockey Gods have been appeased.
18034004_1738370732845581_6658164977272024791_n.jpg

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Nice pipes. I've always been curious about how those meer lined pipes smoke.
I'd love to get a Brebbia Sun line pipe but they always seem to be filtered. Has anyone ever used Sav's 9mm balsa filters in a regular 9mm filter pipe?

Jun 27, 2016
Nashville sounds like a weird hockey market, but they've been consistently getting to the play-offs for over 15 years now, so it's not totally surprising that they have a loyal fan-base by now.
I really like my Brebbia meer-lined 602. It is supposed to be real block meer, and it does pass the wet-finger test, so I guess that it might be. I've used the 9mm Sav balsa filters in that pipe, but now just cut my own 6mm triangle balsa filters because I can still pass a cleaner if need be.
Sorry about those Caps, SS. At least you can eat that chocolate rabbit now. Looks like it was a close game except WSH winning most of the face-offs 60% to 40%. But the Pens had around twice as many blocked shots and I guess that was the difference. I didn't see the game or the goals, but thought that the game was going to be close and could come down to who lets in an ugly/bad goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.