Pipes Magazine » Pipe Tobacco Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Big and Bold TAD Order

(7 posts)
  1. alex87

alex87

Login to Send PM

So I just placed an order for what I would describe as the big and bolds. I have limited experience with heavy
    Lats and strong Va/But so I thought now, with the weather changing it was time to drive into unknown territory. So I ordered a tin of Nightcap, Gaslight and some Jackknife Plug. I am excited and looking forward to these new to me tobaccos. If not a tad apprehensive. These are the boldest blends that I have ordered so far. Any hints or tips for the cakes in terms of packing and smoking?

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. papipeguy

papipeguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Those are fine choices. with the Gaslight and Jackknife you'll want to let it dry a bit. also, I've found that packing the Pease plugs loosely yields a more satisfying smoke. So don't jam your bowl tight and you'll be fine. I think Gaslight is terrific, so I had 3 bowls yesterday. Enjoy your new bounty.

Blowin' smoke since 1970.
    Posted 4 years ago #
  3. huskysibe

huskysibe

Login to Send PM

I love gaslight! just make sure you cut against the grain so you get everything that's in the block, its supposed to all go together. Pack loosely as was previously said and sit back and enjoy. Jacknife is a different animal, let it dry and smoke it after a meal and go SLOW. it packs a wallop! Its pretty good but if you feel weird drink something sweet or eat some chocolate, it helps. Never had nightcap. Enjoy them, you will never look back now.

Posted 4 years ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Jacknife Plug sure is very bold. I can only suggest you smoke it very slowly and with caution.

Posted 4 years ago #
  5. newbroom

newbroom

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I enjoyed my tin of JKP. I rubbed out the last fudge sized piece and found some of those leaves must be cigar leaf. Yes it packs a punch, but it is also very smooth and burns really well.

Posted 4 years ago #
  6. natibo

natibo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

When the weather gets cold I switch to Virginias and Aros. It smells better inside.

Bo
    Posted 4 years ago #
  7. alex87

alex87

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the words of wisdom gents. I do all my smoking outdoors or in the shelter of the wood shed so the lats go well with the seasons. I'll be sure to go slow with the jkp. I plan on having it as my after supper smoke haha.

Posted 4 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   codecreatively, 64alex, gerryp, jaytex969, didimauw, elpfeife, canucklehead, craig61a, oldtoby, trudger, yuda