PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smittyd

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
I have a MM Rob Roy cob that i use at work. I like the pipe but hate the stem. I looked into replacing it with a better stem and all i found was 1 acrylic stem at MM's web site and they were sold out. Any suggestions on where to look? I am located in the U.S

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I always upgrade the skinny stock stems to the MM "Danish" stem. They are wider and much more comfortable. They cost fifty cents apiece from MM's website. They accommodate a 6mm filter just like the originals. If you like vulcanite, I would suggest the MM "Freehand" stem, which is an unfiltered model. They are very comfortable, but have too tight of a draw for my taste, so I unbend them, open them to 5/32", and re-bend them. They cost $10.00 from the MM website.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
The only acrylic stems I see on the MM website are the little saddle stems. The tenon on those would be too small of a diameter to fit a Rob Roy. The Danish and standard are some sort of propionate plastic, IIRC.

glassjapan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2017
Go to walkerbriarworks.com and click on Forever Stems. A little pricey...more than your cob. But they are worth it.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
If the new Forever Stems are anything like the old ones, they are a great investment. I especially like the "nosewarmer" size for Rob Roys. I didn't even think of those, because I got used to them not being available for a while. Glad they're back!

coyja

Can't Leave
Feb 10, 2018
Spinning ball of dirt
Search eBay for Danish stems and you’ll find them.

Also, I bit my MMs from eBay user “farmerje” and most of his pipes come w the Danish stem too.
There are also some replacement stems in custom colors popping up on Etsy now for MMs, but none of them are filter compatible.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yes, Forever stems are great. Also, some of the MM pipes are sold with good acrylic or vulcanite stems, and so state at their site. And MM sells these better stems at their site. So you have several good options. I'm just repeating what others have said, just to "review the bidding," as is said.

Status
Not open for further replies.