PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
So, I'm going to my first local pipe club meet up tonight and I would like to solicit some suggestions on how to get my stuff there. I do not have a big pipe bag and I was told basically to bring about 4-5 pipes and tins to share.
Cool, that's easy.
But how do I get it there in one piece and in one bag?
None of my pipes have their own boxes/cases. My only idea was wrapping them in old t-shirts and putting them in a backpack so the pipes aren't rubbing up against each other. That's probably the way I'll end up doing it anyways.
But how do you guys lug around multiple pipes?

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I just didn't want to throw them all into a grocery bag, lol.
I have access at work to lots of left over foam padding from electronics and was thinking of cutting blocks off to sort of make into a system of foam cutouts for my pipes that would fit together inside of a square case.
All of which would be done at work, of course.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I just don't have time to do any of it today. The idea was conceptualized over the last few days. I just have to decide what to fit them in to.
I was looking for a barebones method for tonight that is possibly better than the old t-shirt wrap.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
As a matter of fact, I recently had a meet up with a 3 other guys from the forums last night. It was my first official meet-up with other forum members.
Being in town on business, I was traveling with a limited amount of space. I brought as much pipe tobacco samples from my cellar that I could, with about 4 or 5 different pipes. I just used one of the larger Gladware containers and used the ziplocks tobacco samples packed in between my pipes for padding, so as to maximize my space in the container.
That process worked the best for me. You on the other hand may be bringing most your stuff in jars.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I'm going to take a couple tins and a couple jars, plus probably 3 or 4 pipes. I was thinking about traveling light, but one of the other guys I talk to told me to bring my new calabash.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I like the tupperware idea and I think I'll pass on taking the bash. I don't want to come off as a goof my first pipe meet up by lugging in a calabash.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Worked out well for me, I had a great time, and smoked and tried a lot of new stuff. Make sure you bring extra ziplocks for others to take samples that you bring. Have fun. :)

Jan 8, 2013
Lol, you should walk in with it clenched, giving everyone the "I don't give a f*ck" stare. It will be classic.

macabra11

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 14, 2014
Boise, ID
I second fadingdaylight's idea. And you need to put a long feather in your hat. Do you have a mustache? If so, wax it out Salvador Dali style and get the googly eyes.

salvadordali_wideweb__470x3390.jpg

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I have no cool/unique/funny hats. I wear ball caps, and this time of year it's shorts and flip flops with either a tshirt or a button up. No moustache.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Trying my hand at it right now and I have less faith in pulling it off now. Lol. Electronic foam is not easy to cut.

Jan 8, 2013
Just use a hand towel instead of a t shirt, I'm sure you could carefully roll 4 pipes into one hand towel without them touching, then just wear some cargo shorts so you can fill the side pockets with tins.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Lets See
-Empty Tissue Box

-Tupperware Container

-Prefill your pipes and seal with plastic wrap/ aluminum wind cap

-pencil case

-Ammo Box

-Back pack
im sure you will think of something once the pipe smoker senses kick in.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
After perusing pics of smoker meet ups and convention smoking tents I think I'm going to dig out my toiletry travel bag and use that. Good volume and easy to carry.

patiobum

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2009
Baytown,Texas
IF you don't have pipe bags, put them in a sock, cotton preferred. Tie a loose knot or tuck the top of the sock to close up.
I would go with a gym / didy bag ( zipper enclosure ) to carry the pipes, tobaccy, pipe cleaners,etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.