Country
Cotton Boll Twist
Electronica
Club Mix
Classical
Brown No. 4
Death Metal
Tambolaka

You need to watch Mike Judge's Tales from the Tour Bus. He is the guy who made that King of the Hillcartoon series. He said that when looking to research the most violent rappers, he found that they usually were just artists who acted like they were thugs, while the truly insane criminals were all country musicians. I have never laughed so hard... He did one on Johnny Paycheck, Jerry Lee Lewis, Billy Joe Shaver, and that is just the start of it. These guys were truly dangerous to themselves and everyone around them, actually going to prison for murder and other violent stuff. But, the way he tells the story makes it funny as hell.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Pop - EMP
Jazz - Viprati
Rap - Carter Hall amended with Crown Royal
Country - Moldy sawdust and Semois Floor Sweepings
Electronica - HGL
Classical - FVF, Klondike Gold, Commonwealth, 965
Death Metal - No
Reggae - Exotic Orange

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Fun thread! I'll have to think about what my answers would be for each genre and come back to it.
You need to watch Mike Judge's Tales from the Tour Bus. He is the guy who made that King of the Hillcartoon series. He said that when looking to research the most violent rappers, he found that they usually were just artists who acted like they were thugs, while the truly insane criminals were all country musicians. I have never laughed so hard... He did one on Johnny Paycheck, Jerry Lee Lewis, Billy Joe Shaver, and that is just the start of it. These guys were truly dangerous to themselves and everyone around them, actually going to prison for murder and other violent stuff. But, the way he tells the story makes it funny as hell.
I love Mike Judge! I've not heard about Tales from the Tour Bus though, where can I watch it? Is it on Netflix?

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Pop
Captain Black (it's pop, ain't it?)
Jazz
Blue Note
Rap
Molto Dolce (most rap is crap anyhow... kidding, I actually like a lot of hip hop)
Country
Old Joe Krantz (Americana roots country, in other words, real country)
Electronica
Some new release from C&D
Classical
Grousemoor Plug
Prog
Condor Plug
Death Metal
Straight Perique soaked in rum (or would that be Goth?)

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Hawky, it’s a Cinemax series. Tonight we watched the latest one on Waylon Jennings. He wasn’t much of a criminal though, just the father of a outlaw Country. It was funny though.
Shucks! I'll have to see if I can somehow stream it... Thanks!

Jan 8, 2013
Every genre

Black Frigate :mrgreen:
Seriously though, I've not thought too much about particular genres and pipe smoking except... as much as I love metal, I just can't smoke a pipe while listening to it. It ruins the mood for me. There are a few exceptions, such as Yngwie Malmsteen's Concerto Suite For Electric Guitar and Orchestra in E Flat Minor Op.1. But that album is truly a symphony with the inclusion of electric guitar much in the same way a violin would play the same lead role. It seems when I'm listening to music while smoking a pipe, it's usually celtic or similar, or classical, some movie scores, Frank Sinatra, or sometimes even a little country.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I love metal, I just can't smoke a pipe while listening to it. It ruins the mood for me.
You have to pick the metal carefully. I mean, if you throw on Suffocation, you'll probably bite through the stem. But doom metal, goth metal and atmospheric black metal work quite well. Consider smoking a bowl of Royal Yacht to Celtic Frost, Summoning, Saint Vitus, Thergothon, Graveland, Cathedral, Ancient or Skepticism.

Funny, but bright and acidic Virginias and VaPers give me an energetic feeling, while the heavier burleys and dark Virginias slow me down. I would think metal would be more of a FVF or McClelland Virginia type of music, while Cotton Boll Twist would be more for... hmmmm... Enya or NPR, Arts of Space stuff.

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
This might not count but
Listening to my wife telling about her day... for over an hour...
Dark birds eye. High nicotine and it kinda stinks.
That was just a joke... no preferance for smoke to music. Smoke goes to more of mood, time of day, time of year.
Been really enjoying a smoky English for the start of the fall though, along with an aro blend that includes c&d autumn evening

Status
Not open for further replies.