PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Listening to the podcast, I want to try a McClledund but want an Aro. Reccomendation for a great Aro?

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Mellow Mack, which is honey and pecans, is one of my favorites from McClelland's aromatics. I also enjoy their Tastemaster, which is a chocolate aro, and Townsman's Cavendish Blue, which is Maple. The Townsman is a good buy as well, though it only comes in 8 ounce bags. McClelland's Old Church was formerly being sold under the Ashton label, is a nice vanilla, but if you want a good Vanilla aromatic, I would suggest Lane 1Q.

doctorthoss

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 6, 2011
I dislike most aromatics strongly, but the handful I like I tend to like a LOT. One of those I really enjoy is Captain Cool, which is one of McClelland's tinned aromatics. It's basically a ramped-up version of Captain Black with some mint added. I always try to keep several tins in the cellar.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
I never considered myself an aro guy. Tried Town Topic mentioned on another forum post. Ordered 3 more Tim's since. It's the only McC. aro I've tried, but it's my favorite aro atm.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
I am pretty much a dedicated aro smoker since i have not found any thing else i like so far but i have some Virginia coming in to try. I ordered some Chocolate Mint Bulk ill let you know how it smokes when it comes if you into that sort of flavor.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Also i found that if your an Aro Smoker tobaccoreviews.com is only really good for you to know whats in the blend, for the most part the reviewers are mostly more into other blends and less into the aros so your tastes may differ greatly from them. however they give you good information in regards to the characteristics of the blend in their reviews therefore its still worth it to read.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I know this isn't a McClelland blend but you should definitely check out Villiger's Mid Day.
Also +10000 on Frog Morton Cellar as mentioned by rothnh

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
1928 is sold by Tinderbox, but made by McClelland. I generally don't like aros, but it is a great tobacco.

pauljmjr

Lurker
Sep 8, 2012
I very rarely smoke aromatics, but one I do keep on hand is McClelland's Old Church. Very nice.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Strictly only an aromatic smoker here. I've had a number of McClelland's Premium Aromatic line and I'd have to say Town Topic is the best in my opinion. It's the best blend of leaf and top dressing and it's the blend that the flavor comes out the best in. Definitely a close second would come either Best Of Show or Mellow Mack. Mellow Mack started as a honey forward blend but as the tin went on it seemed the pecan flavor got more pronounced and Best of Show is a nougat flavor that stayed pretty much the same throught the tin. Easy Street, an English walnut flavor, was pretty good but, not quite as good as the others.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
McClelland Avenue TQ is really a nice vanilla aro, I know this is sacriledge but I kind of prefer it over 1q

Status
Not open for further replies.