PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
The Old King Cole bar in the St Regis knocks out a great Martini as did the Plaza Oak Room in the old days. After all this wonderful input on food who in your opinion makes the best Martini in Manhattan and coming over to my place does not count!

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Is there a Palm restaurant in NY? I know there was one in DC, and also in LA. My wife and I used to got to the one in LA and they had the best martinis we've ever had. (outside of the ones we made ourselves). Great steaks and lobster too!

Man, now I'm hungry.... :wink:

Aug 14, 2012
I may be wrong, but I believe I make the best martini. Best I have tasted, anyway. The secret is Plymouth English Gin. Add just a few drops of Martini & Rossi and a large olive with pimento and serve over ice. Then have a few more. The very small amount of salt on the olive is an important ingredient.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
agnosticpipe, there are 2 Palm's in New York on 2nd Ave. I believe they are the original 2 in the chain. It's been many years since I've been to them but I recall that they are across the street from each other. Odd but that's New York.

Status
Not open for further replies.