PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Etsisbull's thread brought to mind a wager I made with my best friend (Kevin)years ago.
In 2000 the Iron Bowl was to be played in Tuscaloosa for the first time in 99 years.
The Wager:

If Alabama wins, I wear a Bama tee-shirt (chosen by him) every Football Saturday for the entire season, including the Iron Bowl.

If Auburn wins, Kevin wears an Auburn tee-shirt (chosen by me) every Football Saturday for the entire season, including the Iron Bowl.
Auburn won that year 9 - 0 shutting out Bama at home. "Oh the horror!" :nana:

Kevin wore the Orange tee-shirt with the "Old Style Aubie", dutifully but with disdain, for the entire season.

When the final second had ticked off of the 2001 Iron Bowl he unceremoniously rose to his feet...grabbed the tee shirt and tore it off a-la Hulk Hogan.

He won't bet with me any more..... :rofl:
What's your best wager or worst?

etsisbull

Lurker
Apr 3, 2013
Lawrence, I don't make bets on rivalry games because of that reason. Records go out the window in those games. That and the fact I refuse to wear anything Auburn. So I'm not gonna take any chances haha

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
Ohio State vs. Michigan..... hasn't been much to wager on in recent years because OSU wins em all.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
For a full NFL season, my buddy and I wagered $20 on one random game a week. It didn't take long before the money was delivered in pennies. Towards the end of the season, he showed up at my work with the pennies frozen in a big, dripping block of ice. Said it took him all week to freeze them. I lost the final game, so I found an old truck wheel on my parent's land and had the local tire dealer put the pennies in the tire.
I put it on his doorstep, rang the bell and took off. Worked out for him though - he had a garage sale and sold the wheel with it's 2,000 pennies for $30.

Status
Not open for further replies.