PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Living near Indianapolis, is an easy drive. Trying to decide whether to drive up Friday and leave Saturday or drive up Saturday and leave Sunday. Which of the two is recommended?

tnfan

Lifer
Jan 9, 2012
Franklin, Tennessee
I recommend getting there Saturday and leaving Sunday. We found a few good deals on Sunday as everybody was getting packed up to leave. Enjoy your trip. Hate I am unable to make.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
I think it depends on your goals. Friday there's a "pre show" in the tent, and lots of pipes go then. Lots of pipes get sold Friday night too, privately. Saturday the vendors proper are open - sales of tobacco and a million jillion pipes. Sunday lots of small guys (private tobacco sales, leather goods etc) are gone already, but some deals to be had.
I'd rather be there Friday into Saturday than Saturday into Sunday. Sunday is ... more relaxed, but a little like sex - everyone is kinda partied out!

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I agree with sasquatch, but for different reasons. I enjoy the time spent with other pipe smokers. There are more people around on Fri-Sat than Sat-Sun. Also this will give you a chance to rest and recover before you go back to work on Monday.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
My objectives are to buy a couple of pipes I really like and to meet and hang out with some fellow pipe smokers. Sounds like Friday and Saturday will be the best days for me to meet those objectives. Thanks for the feedback.

ron123

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
Yes, carvers and vendors probably offer better deals on Sunday, but the goods are pretty well picked over by then, too.
The tent is already up on Wednesday, so don't worry about arriving to soon. Some guys start showing up Wed or earlier, especially those from outside the US. If you go on Friday, I'd say to get there as early as you can, because the pre-show in the tent opens at 8:00 AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.