PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

steelman

Might Stick Around
Jun 17, 2012
While generally an Italian briar man, I am curious to try a cobb pipe. Who are some of the better makers?

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
Missouri Meerschaum is about the one answer there is for "best". Though if I remember correctly Jake Hackert has been known to offer a corn cob and I wouldn't doubt for a minute that he can do a great job.

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
Although I forget the name, one of our members here makes very nice custom corncobs, but commercially your choice is Missouri meerschaum or cheap Chinese cob off eBay. I know there arnt a lot of choices but really, Missouri meerschaum has everything you could want, cheap pipes expensive pipes and all great quality.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I wouldn't smoke any commercial corn cobs except for Missouri Meerschaum. (Country Gentleman is my choice of pipe)
I would swiftly throw a cheap Chinese rival brand in the trash, but I wouldn't turn down the gift of a custom cob.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
Jake Hackert makes some kick ass cobs... I own 2 and while I dont smoke them often, when I do there great

Jul 12, 2011
Jake does make some fantastic cobs (when they are available),

I have two Generals and a Pat from him that are outstanding smokers
And I have been known to make one or two.....hundred of them ;-)

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/thesmokindragon-custom-cobs-new-ones

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Has anybody mentioned Missouri meerschaum ? Country Gentleman is my favorite so far. Just picked up a Freehand and Patriot tho.

billm67

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2011
Camp Hill, PA
I like the MM General...but I hate the plastic stems. The freehand stems are sold separately and will fit and filtered pipe with a bent stem. Put a Freehand Stem on a General and you have a $15 Cobb that smokes great and has a decent vulcanite stem.

steelman

Might Stick Around
Jun 17, 2012
Thank you all for the responses......you've provided me with excelllent info...

Status
Not open for further replies.