PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

youngsterpuffer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2013
I'm looking for a new cherry aromatic. Lately it's been my favorite to smoke. I was smoking Paladin Blackcherry for quite some time, and it seems to have lost its taste and smell to me. So, i've been trying some out. I got Borkhum Riff tonight and absolutely hated it. Almost no smell or flavor, and it came dry as cigarette tobacco right out of the pouch. Could anyone recommend a good cherry aromatic? I can obviously search online but I want to know your experiences with them, which are good and which are bad.

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
I know I've posted this before. This is the best Cherry Tobacco I ever smoked:

http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipe-tobacco/75874/rattrays-terry-red/#p-117327

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes :puffy:

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I'll second the Rattray's Terry Red. The actual tobacco in the blend is likely to be much higher quality than most of the other cherry blends out there. But that means the focus is as much on the actual tobacco flavor as it is on the cherry flavor. . . which may not be what you want. If you're looking for something bursting with rich, sweet/tart cherry flavor, Terry Red may disappoint you. But if you're interested in a fine tobacco with a moderate cherry presence, then it would definitely fit the bill.
Bob

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't do much cherry, but with any aromatic, what I am looking for is a distinct, pleasing side note of

the flavoring that does not upstage the tobacco itself, which should be quality Virginia and/or burley.

With cherry, if it overrides the tobacco, it has that cough syrup effect. My last cherry aro was an Altadis,

I believe, and was pleasant, but as you may detect, I don't have any on hand, not in my rotation.

nachman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2013
I am not an aromatic smoker, but one of the few I can tolerate is Boswell's Bear Blend. It is Cherry and caramel and the tobacco is not as weak as most aromatics.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
NOTE: I've been resisting the temptation to add my comment here, but temptation has gotten the better of me ...

"Best Cherry Aromatic" is, IMO, an oxymoron ... much like "authentic replica", "approximate equal" or "almost pregnant" ...

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
The only (non drugstore variety) one I have tried is Peterson's Sunset Breeze and it was pretty good, and even the wife liked the room note. Technically "amaretto", but I think that is close.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I'm too new at this to even know if I'll be an aro smoker. I jumped in just to see what all the fuss with the cherry is. It seems the whole aro no aro thing can get a bit tense. I'll definately try the Sunset Breeze because to me amaretto just sounds a little more dignified than cherry (all I can imagine are those heavily dyed maraschinos). I do however value the opinions of others so I'd at least be willing try a bowl or two of the Black Cordial or Terry Red.
My only concern: If I play with fire, I might just get burned!
Dot

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
I normally not a huge fan of cherry tobacco but the Drew Estate Heirloom Cherry is pretty tasty. For some reason it reminds me of cherry coke than cherry cough syrup (which is what I think most cherry tobaccos taste like).

Status
Not open for further replies.