PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
After some thought & deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that after purchasing over 80 pipes in the last 2 years, I have a problem with PAD.

So, I have decided to buy no more pipes! With the sole exception of the Canadian style, as I only have 4 in that genre.

What would you guys recommend me to go for? I currently have 2 blakemar's, a John brumfit & a huge Peterson cara. I've been looking for a Peterson Wicklow 264 & a blatter Canadian.

Alas, to no avail, I haven't seen anything that (to me) looks better than the above, but please guys, what do you reckon? & if you can post photos,nothing looks better than a sweet Canadian.

Even a rusticated Pamela Anderson takes some beating.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
I have come to the conclusion that after purchasing over 80 pipes in the last 2 years, I have a problem with PAD.
you dont have a problem with PAD, you got that down ok :rofl:
this is my latest Canadian, a GBD Prehistoric
s-l1600.jpg

Northern Briar makes a sweet Canadian. But, I can't post a picture on my iPad, without stealing the picture. Canadians aren't in my collection. I too, thought that limiting myself to only dublins and unique Bulldogs would slow down my PAD. Now, I have full racks and Bulldogs in drawers and dublins in boxes. Yeh, it seemed like a good idea at the time. :puffy:

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Your right, northern briars makes a lovely Canadian, as well as other styles. I have one of his Rox cut Zulus that 'rocks' as you chaps say.

For my mouth though his Canadians are too heavy. My ideal weight for a Canadian is 28-35 gs. They are out there apparently, but hard to come by. Which explains why I only have 4.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

This is my 1 ounce Michail Kyriazanos Canadian. You may want to consider a commission with someone?
IMG_0210_zpstj7znsri.jpg

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Cheers 1coyote, never heard of his pipes before. Although with the quantity of pipes I already have, I'm sticking to my guns. I'm looking for a Peterson 264 Wicklow or a blatter.

If anyone here has one to sell, please let me know. Cheers, Simon.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Hi mr Simong,Tell you what, Candadian and Liverpool models are the best I have come to know,and for good reasons, cool smoke,sturdy,+ as usual are pretty light weight,thereby,allow me to suggest the models as follow to your consideration:

Rattrays Highland+Marlin nro 12 models,(smokingpipes have this brand on sale just now)Stanwell 56 in various finishes, SaVinelli Tre Liscia 802/no filter/+ finally Peterson Irish Harp or Aran models.264 all these models come with medium sized bowls and weight around 34-45 grs, The Rattrays Highland line-up being the most expensive.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I especially like Johs blast Canadians which seem to be unusually light for their size and are reasonably priced. Second choice might be one of the Stanwell versions. Of course, there are some spectacular artisanal versions, but you have to look at and consider those one at a time. I say Canadians are the stateliest shape. I love Sav's, but don't like their versions of this shape.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
I recently picked up a Northern Briars Canadian (Rox Cut) and it is a fantastic pipe:
NBCanadian.jpeg

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I can recommend the Hand Cut line from Canadian Julius Vesz. Here is a medium Gr6ish size lumberman from the canadian shape family with the red ox blood stain. 8O

dscn3110.jpg

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
This Wally Frank has really surprised me, I love smoking it and it smokes good. I got it on Ebay for $14 couple weeks ago and Im beginning to think it's one of my favorites.
Thing is I know little about the maker, I know it was one that was made in England caus the markings, "made in England and "Wally Frank LTD", any help would be appreciated
s-l1600.jpg

May 4, 2015
I received a meer lined Wally Frank in a lot recently.
From what I gather, he had just about every manufacturer make pipes with his name on them, so an individual pipe's origins can be awfully hard to pin down.
Here's a page from a catalog with some Wally Frank Canadians:
WallyFrankGarrick.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.