PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
Well I got some pictures from Chris Askwith today on the progress on my pipe. I am quite excited and hope it only has a few more days left before it is complete.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Personally I'm not a fan of Bulldogs and don't think too highly of those who like the shape ;)
Nice pipe though

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
Thats ok . I think you were just lashing out in anger because you are jealous. its ok. You too can have one some day. Hey nate if you are ever local hit me up and we can have a smoke.

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
I chose a dark stain. It will be a blast pipe and I dont like light stains on blast pipes.

bcharles123

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
I have two of his pipes. They really speak to precision engineering. I also love the fancy stems in contrast to the traditional shapes. I will be getting more!
Would you consider the bulldog unfinished? Develop a patina?

Dec 24, 2012
I have a few of Chris's pipes and think he is a fantastic craftsman. In fact, my very first commission was an Askwith Ying and Yang set. Can't wait to see how your bulldog turns out.

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
That is sharp! The diamond shank blends perfectly into the bowl. Fantastic looking piece - I'm sure you're going to love it!
I was intrigued when I saw the process pictures with the un-bent stem. It's a stunning shape but I suppose it would be difficult to smoke.

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
It is a nice subtle curve. Man he knows what he is doing with bent bulldogs and the matching tamper makes a nice set.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Hmm, I really like the blues in the stem. Did he add a blue coat to the stain as well or is that just an artifact from the photo format?

nutcracker

Might Stick Around
Oct 28, 2015
I really like the rounding of the bead with that soft blast. The lines, of the bead, were really crisp showing the exacting nature of the craftsman. The curve from the front of the bowl to the stem flow really gracefully and I wouldn't be surprised if it follows a Fibonacci curve.
Does anyone know if he studied classical architecture or whole number ratios?

Status
Not open for further replies.