PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I am trying to figure out if this is a Bent Bob made by Savinelli. If my research is right it is aimed as a cheap line of pipes in the US but people still say they are pretty good little pipes. Though I don't know if this is correct. I bought it as a basket pipe two years ago for $16 and I am wondering if I got a good deal or if it is just another crappy basket pipe.
IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

Thanks for any input.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Sorry for the blurry pictures I used my Iphone. I can take better ones tomorrow if you need better detail. Also, it is not that scratched up I think it is just the flash bringing out the scratches. However, the stem does have those bad teeth marks. Because it is so light I enjoy holding it in my mouth with my teeth. :)

kcvet67

Jul 6, 2010
The Bent Bobs aren't mentioned on Savinelli's U.S. website:
http://www.savinelliusa.com/models.htm
It's worth visiting anyway, there's a lot of nice pics and info.
It is listed on the Italian website, but not a lot of information given:
http://www.savinelli.it/jsp-savinelli/eng/elenco.jsp?categoria=Linea+diffusione&sottocategoria=Bent+Bob
Savinelli also makes a lot of pipes for various pipe shops, many of which don't have any Savinelli markings. Iwan Ries in Chicago, the oldest tobacconist in the U.S., has had a lot of Savinellis over the years. These usually will have both the Savinelli name and Iwan Ries (sometimes just IRC) stamped on them.
I'd say you got a good deal at $16.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Thanks kcvet67 those sites are very helpful. I really like alot of those pipes especially the special series.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Weird. Idk I can look more closely but I don't remember seeing Savinelli on the pipe.

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
Does it smoke well for you or is it a crappy smoke? My point is if it smokes well for $16, it's a good pipe. If it cost $1500 and didn't smoke worth a darn, then it is a crappy pipe.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
My initial reaction was the same as Chuckw's. I've got a basket pipe that was purchased for me in the late 60's as an under $20 Xmas stocking stuffer; and it would pass anybody's "taste test." I wish all my pipes smoked as well.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Honestly I haven't smoked in a long time and I have not smoked any other pipe to compare it to. My other pipes are currently on their way. I will let you guys know though.

Status
Not open for further replies.