Tags:   

Ben Wade Funky Flavor

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by cowboy451
  • Latest reply from cowboy451
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

cowboy451

Login to Send PM

So I was introduced to this pipe world by a buddy of mine but he forgot to warn me how fast I'd become obsessed with pipes...it's been a month and I'm already buying pipes on eBay some to smoke some to restore. I have a ben wade golden Matt that I bought...it smokes great but about half way through a bowl I get this bitter nasty taste from the stem mixed with saliva I'm guessing. I've tried soaking the stem using wild turkey( my favorite at 108 proof) on a pipe cleaner but I get that dang taste every freakin time...advice?

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

One way is to run a pipe cleaner through from stem button to the bowl while smoking to absorb the moisture. If you've done this and are tired of doing it, opening up the air way can often solve the issue. If you're uncomfortable in trying this yourself, contact a reputable pipe repair shop for their recommendation -- such as Floyd Norwood, Dave Neeb, Mike Myers, etc. -- I'm thinking this would be a relatively easy and inexpensive fix.

Ride 'em, cowboy! Welcome to PM Forums and let us know how you make out!

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

cowboy451

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the reply...how would I do that...I'm more of a diyer

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Do what? Open up the air way?

Do this simple Google search -- Type this phrase and copy it to the search window: "opening the air way on a smoking pipe"

*POOF* -- tons of info for you; the first is a two part video, followed by some various options (which I would read, if I were you).

Good luck

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

cowboy451

Login to Send PM

Thanks...not sure why I didn't think of that. This is by far the most addicting hobby I've ever started!!!

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   lucky695, gigger48, mmjk, pnasmith, darwin, darthcider, mrgunnar177, beefeater33, werebear