PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
For those interested but who may have forgotten the time, the Belmont Stakes, third race in the Triple Crown, has a post time of 6:37 p.m. EDT, give or take a few minutes for guiding the horses into the gates. Horses and odds are, of course, on line, and broadcast is on network TV. The Kentucky Derby was beset by the disqualification of the first horse to the finish line, and the Preakness was made strange by loss of a jockey from the mount just out of the gate. Hoping for the best this time out.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sir Winston was the long-shot winner with a tight finish of seven or eight of the ten horses in hot contention. It was exciting, and all the jockeys stayed aboard, and there was no disputing the winner. The favored horse ran second, and another long-shot third. Some nice pay days. if you missed it, look for a replay. It was exciting.

skeeter456

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2017
Plattsburgh NY
I lost on all triple crown races (kentucky derby i won until they DQ’d him). Those 3 races were very strange with not a single favorite winning or even a horse that had a shot. Oh well hopefully my local track (Saratoga NY) ill do better.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
skeeter, you live near the most beautiful horse track in the U.S., possibly the world. I went to my first horse races there. It's almost dream-like under the elms in August. I was getting near retirement, so it was a good new opening in life. Like everyone, I have concern for the horses, but when things go right, it is a beautiful sport. Later I went to Belmont for a day, and it is park-like and refreshing, but Saratoga is another world. Yes, the Triple Crown this year became decidedly strange. I worry for the spectator following, in person and on TV. I think the horse race community has played it all for drama, and that is probably wise. It's an odd time.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Second on the beauty of Saratoga. Not just the track, but the whole town. Also an area full of history of our early nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.