PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
On this forum what does it mean to friend somebody or be friended by somebody? What is different; what is the advantage? I don't do FB or anything like that and have no clue what it means.
Also what is the Wire?

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Thanks Sparks. I wondered if it allowed you to see your friends posts, or vice versa. Apparently not.

ericthered

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
If somebody "friends" you, it gives the both of you access to see things that the other has posted to their profile. For instance, I save all my pictures that I post to the forum in the Album feature of my profile. Only people who've "friended" me can go into my profile and peruse ALL of the pictures that I've uploaded.
There is also a Message feature that you can communicate privately with people that you're "friends" with, separate from the Private Message feature of the forum.
The Wire feature looks to be a twitter-like function that you could write things and everyone you're "friends" with would be able to see it. That's pure speculation, I haven't played around with it to figure it out.
The bottom line, to me, is that it looks like the software is attempting to emulate some features of Facebook, but it's never taken off because the vast majority of people here are content to interact on the forums.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Thanks for the info, Eric. I understand better now and will consider any advantages to being friended.
Papipeguy, thanks for the warning. :).

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Friends, oh, I know what that means. It means we don't have sex.I become your emotional tampon once a month and we don't have sex! THAT'S what friends is! Isn't that about right honey?
The late, great, Sam Kinnison.Sam Kinnison

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
If you want to talk to me PM me or interact on the forum, everything else is way beyond my technological grasp. I am sure it makes sense to someone but its double dutch to me!

mephistopheles

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 14, 2014
I've been trying to make friends on here since the admin sent me a request my first day. I haven't been able to figure out how to send requests. :|

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
"I think the friending thingie jingie might be busted of flawed cause I sent myself a friend request and it came back as denied/refused and don't ever send me one again."
LOL! Life is tough when a man can't even be friends with himself!

Status
Not open for further replies.