PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cornsnob

Lurker
Oct 4, 2013
I have only been smoking a pipe for the last week, but I am hooked. When I have a bowl of tobacco I feel as if everything is as it is and there is nothing to fret. Last night I sat in front of some lakes in my community having a bowl of dunhill early morning pipe. As I puffed away I watched the water and the colors dance as the sun set with the cool breeze of the coming winter here in Florida. This was a time of peace that I will remember, and I now understand why pipe smoking isn't just for the buzz or because you addicted.

100MEDIA_IMAG0716_zps5e508ed6.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0715_zpsdd0119b7.jpg

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Beautiful setting for pipe smoking. I envy you. Welcome to the forum; I'm looking forward to your future postings.

jeepnewbie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
Corn welcome to the forums, with that being said I agree with swamp^.
I agree with you, smoking a pipe is a great time to set back look at the world from a different view. It has helped relax me so much more than I use to be. Really nice setting you got there while enjoying a bowl. I only hope when I get home my wife will let me smoke in front of our fireplace. Thats the one spot I would enjoy, with the lights down and a Sav in hand, watching the flames dance on a log in the pit.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
Smoking a pipe makes everything better lol. I love watching the sunset/rise with a coffee or tea. A pipe is always with me when I'm fishing, just too bad I can't smoke in the tree stand lol

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Ah, lovely view.
I'm finding that I really look forward to my Friday afternoon pipe - it's a great way to put the work week behind me and reshift my focus to relaxing on the weekend (even the weekends that involve yard work).

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Great pics cornsnob. Welcome aboard. Your journey is sure to provide many memorable smokes with or without the amazing scenery. Great start!

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Lol. I'll be thinking about my friends in Florida enjoying a "winter" smoke down there while here in the Rocky Mountains we're trying not to freeze to death at -30. Having said that, we're enjoying some beautiful fall weather now and despite the low temperatures I'm still enjoying being outdoors with my pipe. Just ordered some of those fingerless gloves with the the mitten thingy that flips over for when things really do hit the deep freeze. But, If I stop posting in January or February, could someone please notify the Mounties to look for a frozen body in my back yard. Thanks guys.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Welcome to the forum, Cornsnob.
Great pics. Pretty soon most of us in the north will be envying you. LOL
When things come together; the right pipe, the right tobacco, the tobacco just at the right humidity, the packing just right, etc. To sit back and just 'be'.
That's one of the things that makes pipe smoking a great activity.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Welcome, cornsnob. Pipe smoking has many benefits to it, one of which is the enjoyment found in quietly smoking alone for a prolonged period of time. I don't get as many of those breaks, and with winter rolling into Colorado already they will be harder to come by. Where are you at?

Status
Not open for further replies.