PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wife and I voted early, as that was available in our state. With mobility problems, my wife was kindly allowed to vote curbside with assistance from polling workers, while I went and stood two hours in a line. The weather was nice and the line did slowly move along, so it was good people-watching. I voted for the first time absentee ballot while I was in boot camp. I've voted more often for the losers than the winners in national elections. But vote I have. A lot of people died so I could do this, American patriots but also many others over the course of history. So, as a matter of personal honor, go vote.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
I will be heading over shortly. Some very important local elections going on here too.

May 4, 2015
Early voting is a blessing. I was in and out and still had time to grab lunch before I had to be back to the office.
Vote.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
If you're prepared, vote. If not, do not. That's always been my philosophy. I sometimes skip a line on the ballot when not fully conversant about the issue or the candidates. I try not to vote my gut instinct.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Already voted via early mail-in ballot. I try not to miss any elections, so as to preserve my right to bitch!

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I went this morning at 6:45 and the line was out the door. I went back at 11:30 and walked right in and voted.

May 4, 2015
I sometimes skip a line on the ballot when not fully conversant about the issue or the candidates. I try not to vote my gut instinct.
Absolutely. There were lines for many local positions that I just had no clue about. Have to skip those.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
PA here, I went at 11:00 am and it took an hour and for a rural area we had a long line, I had to park a long ways and the line had about 60 people and I was #537.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I got to my poll at 6:10 and had about 150 ahead of me. A school official that started at 4:30 said the first people got in line at 4:40

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
+1 warren. An informed voter is a good citizen. An uninformed voter is a drone (not a bad citizen, just ignorant).
In Colorado every election year we have State Constitution Amendments & ballot issues/referenda. The Election Board sends the Blue Book to all voters with the Legal text of each issue, a plain English synopsis, & the Pros-Cons. I wonder how many voters actually read the Blue Book before voting? I certainly do, particularly when it involves the Government's hands in my pockets!
I dropped off my mail-in ballot last week. Label me paranoid, but I do not trust the US Post Office, & though I previously enjoyed voting in-person on election day, I do not trust the electronic voting machines. Too many anecdotes of votes being changed or never recorded.

Status
Not open for further replies.